Thursday, October 10, 2013

Beautyblender Pure Makeup Sponge

I have always wanted to order a Beautyblender makeup sponge but it is one of those items that I always seem to forget about each time I go to Sephora.  I have been swapping my foundation sponge out every time that I change my foundation shade or formula and cleaning it more often to try and preserve the product.  I have been using flat makeup sponges for most of my life and was always interested in a round product but it never seemed to be at the top of my mind when I was shopping. 

I was very happy to open my Glossybox from this month and see a Beautyblender sitting right on top of all of the products in it.  I barely remember what else was in the box because I was so excited to try this foundation sponge out.  I have used it a few mornings in a row now and I am ready to commit only to using this type of sponge for the rest of time and have thrown all of my other sponges out already.

"A colorless, edgeless, non-disposable, sponge made especially for sensitive skin and skin care application.  beautyblender® pure® is designed to ensure optimal application of the most advanced skin care products. Leave the old method of applying product with fingers behind and say goodbye to spotty coverage, less penetration of product in key areas (eyes, nose, etc.), and dirt traveling over freshly cleansed skin. Use it with complexion products, serums, eye treatments, moisturizers, makeup removers, and any other skin care product.  Beautyblender features an open cell structure that fills with small amounts of water when wet. This allows the sponge to be “full” so that the product sits on top of the sponge rather than being absorbed, allowing you to use less product every time. When wet, beautyblender doubles in size and becomes even softer, returning to its original size when it air dries. Handcrafted in the USA."

I didn't realize until a few moments ago that I am not using the original bright pink sponge and am using the white one designed for sensitive skin.  I am even happier that this is the product that was sent to me since my skin can react strangely with nearly any ingredient or new dye that I put on my face.  The size and shape of both products are exactly the same so I can easily review both products with only trying one of the them.

I have tried this product with a few drops of water added to it and also without.  I have found that it works equally well either way but that I need slightly less product when I use it with a bit of water on it.  I love the curved shape and it helps my foundation to blend easily in all curves of my face.  I find that it works especially well when applying foundation around my nose and eyes.  I am a big fan of this product and will continue to use it until I can no longer purchase it. 

I am now another one of the converts to Beautyblender and can see why it continues to be both a top rated and best selling product from Sephora.  This is a staple in my makeup collection now!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: