Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Biolage KeratinDose Shampoo and Conditioner

I am rather loyal to my Biolage shampoo and conditioner formulated for color-treated hair but I always try and alternate between more than one formula.  My hair stylist gave me some small bottles of the shampoos and conditioners in some of the various Biolage formulas and I start trying them out about two weeks ago.  I started with the KeratinDose products as my hair will only need more hydration as the weather continues to cool out.  So far, the combination of the Color Care and KeratinDose has proved to be spot on and I would consider buying the full sizes in these two products.

The KeratinDose products work very well for anyone who has chemical damage to their hair or who heat styles on a regular basis.  I see that there is a hydrating treatment spray in this collection and I would like to purchase that product also at some point. 

The shampoo is described as, "Damaged, over-processed hair can be brittle, dull and lifeless. Formulated with Pro-Keratin and Silk, our keratin shampoo provides targeted reinforcement for over-processed, weak or fragile hair. When combined with the KeratinDose Conditioner and Pro-Keratin Renewal Spray, formulas provide cleansing while locking in moisture to help fight frizz. Restore overprocessed hair. 90% more conditioned after one application."

The benefits of this product are listed in the Biolage website...

- Rich, sulfate free lather gently cleanses while maintaining the integrity of over-processed hair
- Formula with Pro-Keratin and silk provides targeted reinforcement and moisture balance to the hair
- Hair is shiny and healthy-looking with increased elasticity
- Free of sulfates, parabens and harsh salts

The matching conditioner has the following description, "Damaged, over-processed and unconditioned hair can feel brittle, lacking manageability and shine. Formulated with Pro-Keratin and Silk, our KeratinDose Conditioner provides targeted reinforcement for over-processed, weak or fragile hair. When combined with the KeratinDose Shampoo and Pro-Keratin Renewal Spray, formulas provide nourishment and cleansing while balancing moisture for over-processed hair. Restore overprocessed hair. 90% more conditioned after one application."

The following benefits are listed on the Biolage website...

- Paraben free conditioner moisturizes and smoothes overprossed hair
- Formula nourishes hair and prevents damage
- Hair is left silky with manageability

The shampoo is a nice formula but does not really provide any results that set it apart from other hydrating formulas.  It cleanses well without stripping my hair or leaving a residue all over the strands.  The conditioner is a great product, it hydrates very nicely and makes my hair very easy to straighten.  Keratin will not help to bring hair "back to life" as it is already dead but it will help to hydrate and smooth the hair cuticle.  The smoothing aspect of this product really helps me to style my hair in the morning. 

The performance of the conditioner guarantees that I would purchase the duo again without a second thought.  I am very fond of the Biolage products and I can't wait to keep trying more from this line.

photo courtesy of Biolage

No comments: