Sunday, October 6, 2013

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30

My favorite Stila Tinted Moisturizer ran out the other week and I toyed with the idea of simply ordering a second tube of it or trying a new formula.  As usual, trying a new formula won out for me and I ordered the Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 from NARS.  I have loved NARS foundation formulas from the first day of use and I was excited to try more face products from this line.  NARS has been one of my favorite makeup lines for years and I love everything that I have ever used from this line.  My favorite product is their lipsticks and their Sheer Matte Foundation is my second favorite product they make.  I really wanted to see if the Tinted Moisturizer lived up to the performance of my beloved foundation.

I mostly use tinted moisturizer formulas from April to the middle of October, I know that I am at the end of my usage for this product however I wasn't going to wait until next spring to order a new product.  I still use a lighter product on my days off and will until my skin gets too dry to not use a traditional face cream.  I am not interested in whether or not my tinted moisturizer or foundation has SPF in it, I have read in multiple articles from dermatologists that the addition of this ingredient to makeup is relatively useless.  Foundation and tinted moisturizer are usually not applied heavily enough to reap the SPF benefits and I always use a separate sunscreen designed for the face.

"A lightweight tinted moisturizer that evens skintone and provides a translucent veil of protection.  Infused with lush, naturally-derived ingredients, this lightweight tinted moisturizer immediately helps thirsty skin feel hydrated. It has been proven to help reduce the appearance of discoloration and dark spots caused by hyperpigmentation for a clearer and brighter complexion in as little as four weeks. Oil-free and luxurious, it obscures the appearance of lines, wrinkles, pores, and other imperfections while broad spectrum SPF 30 protects skin."

"Natural polysaccharides from Moorea Island in French Polynesia hydrate, condition, and help support natural cell renewal. Mineral-rich seawater uniquely revitalizes and adds key minerals back into the skin. Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 helps improve skin’s overall condition. Soft and smooth to the touch, skin looks natural and glowing. This oil-free, dermatologist-tested product is free of synthetic fragrances and is noncomedogenic.", states the Sephora website. 

This product is available in a range of shades, I ordered Terra Neuve which is a pale porcelain with pink undertones.  This is a great shade for me and I picked it out by comparing it to the shade of NARS Foundation that works very well for me.  There are 12 shades in total for this product and they are pretty evenly distributed between light and deep shades.  The product hydrates as well as any other tinted moisturizer, I haven't found much of a difference between any of the formulas that I have tried in this aspect and I doubt that I ever will.

The NARS tinted moisturizer is a much lighter version of the foundation.  It covers nicely and evens out my skintone.  I always apply tinted moisturizer products with my hands and this one is no exception.  A light coating of this product helps to even out the redness in my skintone and makes blemishes and under eye circles easier to cover with concealer.  I still need to use a separate concealer with this product, I still need it under my eyes and on random blemishes. 

I have never really reaped all the long term benefits of the hydrating ingredients in any tinted moisturizer formula.  I only use this product once or twice a week and will not receive the effects from everyday use.  This product is very high rated for both coverage and hydrating benefits and I have really liked this formula so far.

I will use this product for a few more weeks and then put it aside for next spring.  I used to only use tinted moisturizers if I knew that I wouldn't be leaving my house at all but now I am starting to use them all the time on my lazy days off.  The coverage and natural finish have improved a lot over the years and these are fast becoming some of the best products in my traincase.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: