Monday, October 14, 2013

MAC Holiday Colour Collection - Divine Night

The holidays are fast approaching and my favorite holidays collections are starting to hit the stores and company websites.  We have already looked at Too Faced and Urban Decay and one of the ones that I have anticipated the most has hit the company's website late today.  The one that I look forward to the most every single year is the MAC Holiday Colour Collection, this is often one of their best collections of the whole year and one that I covet at least half of the products and shades from every single year.  My favorite year was the one that was inspired by tartan plaid and Scotland themes but I have never once seen a bad collection come out from this company at the holidays.  Every year, I think that the retail industry rushes the holiday season and this year is no exception, I haven't even eaten half of my Halloween candy yet but I will be switching gears to thinking about the holidays very soon, the collections come out very fast this time of the year and it can be hard to keep up if I don't start strong.

"What happens at night stays there. M•A•C captures the moment when flashing lights illuminate a flair for finery and limitless luxury that can only be described as divine. Gorgeous colours in rich finishes inspire an evening on the scene and to be seen. Enjoy yourself - past midnight, the darkness keeps the secrets. Available for PRO Discount."  I have been seeing a lot of collections that are inspired by nighttime and glamour (thinking Great Gatsby) and this collection from MAC proves that this trend will be huge for this holiday season.  I personally am not a huge holiday party person, the holidays for me are more about trying to balance finals and work and I leave very little time left over for seeing people.  Maybe this is the year that I get dressed up and change that trend.  I do love getting dressed up and maybe this will be the best motivating factor for me!

Here is the Divine Night Collection from MAC!

Divine Night Mineralize Eye Shadow - Baked minerals refined into a powder formula provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage. Pairs two rich, contrasting shades with the graphic impact of a luxe powder design. Limited-edition Divine Night packaging.
- Captivating - bright white gold base/deep gold
- Exquisite Ego - bronze base with soft white champagne
- Until Dawn - soft gold base/purple taupe
- Gilded Night - bright gold with silver pearl base/black with pearl
- Past Midnight - blackish purple with violet pearl base/soft white pink frost
- Tonight's Temptation - black with pearl base/royal blue

Divine Night Fluidline - Ultra-smooth, gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Apply with brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-lasting. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. Brush sold separately. Limited-edition Divine Night packaging.
- Stares and Speculation - dirty olive with gold pearl
- Deliciously Rich - shimmering dirty taupe
- Macroviolet - deep smoked violet with red pearl

False Lashes - Fashionably false in look, but honestly real, this mascara's key benefits of volume and curl are matched by a dramatic end look. The unique edge: the ultra-thickening formula in combo with the plush-'em-up action of its unique double-lush brush.
- False Black - black

Divine Night Kohl Power Eye Pencil - A kohl pencil that has all the intensity and colour power of ultra-soft carbon. Specially formulated to provide deep, opaque coverage and an intense, smoked finish with duo-chrome pearl. Versatile in application: blend or smudge. Limited-edition Divine Night packaging.
- Orpheus - intense black with gold pearl
- Raven - intense black with red pearl
- Mystery - intense black with green pearl
- Feline - intense black with black pearl

Divine Night Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips that made M•A•C famous. Sophisticated shades in lustrous nude, satin taupe, red and plum. Limited-edition Divine Night packaging.
- You've Got It - pink undertone with gold frost
- Flair for Finery - cool pink/nude
- Exclusive Event - taupe brown
- Private Party - dirty pink mauve
- Prepare for Pleasure - clean magenta red

Divine Night Cremesheen Glass - A lip finish that fuses the creamy sheen of Cremesheen Lipstick with the shine of M∙A∙C Lipglass. Soft, comfortable, non-sticky. Applies with a doe-foot applicator. Use as a top layer to Lipstick or on its own. Limited-edition Divine Night packaging.
- Flair for Finery - cool nude
- You've Got It - nude taupe with green pearl
- Private Party - plum mauve with pearl
- Prepare for Pleasure - bluish red

Divine Night Mineralize Blush - Baked minerals refined into a powder formula to provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage. Veils and enhances the cheekbones with a luminous, pearlized shimmer. Limited-edition Divine Night packaging.
- Lure to Love - cool pink base with pink frost
- Talk of the Town - warm brown base with yellow bronze
- Lavish Living - violet with silver pearl base with gold pearl

Divine Night Mineralize Skinfinish - A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face. Pairs two rich, contrasting shades with the graphic impact of a luxe powder design. Limited-edition Divine Night packaging.
- Centre of Attention - pastel peachy pink with fine pink shimmer/24K gold shimmer
- Perfectly Poised - bronzey coral with golden tones/creamy beige with pinkish purple sheen
- Scene to Be Seen - mauve with pink sheen/brick rose with gold reflects

Divine Night Nail Lacquer - Velvet gold, darkest silver suede and blackened burgundy gloss nails with a lacquered finish to fire up everyone's envy in our high-gloss formula. Contains conditioners and UV protection. Limited-edition Divine Night packaging.
- Fierce Entrance - rich gold bronze
- Military - black matte with silver suede pearl
- Gadabout Girl - blackened plum

This collection has some absolutely amazing products and my favorites are the new Nail Lacquer shades, I must have all three of these new shades and they are ones that I want to order the day that they come up on the MAC website.  I haven't been this excited about nail polish shades since last summer's Butter London collection and I am so glad that I haven't been buying many new shades because I have extra room in my collection to pick up all three of these new shades.  If I had to choose only one, my favorite is the Military shade, I have nothing like this and I haven't seen many shades like this ever before.  This might be my top choice of the whole collection!

I want products for every single facial feature from this collection.  I am going to start with eye makeup since I have been trying to buy more eye makeup products and cut back on the lip products.  I haven't done very well with this so far but I love these Divine Night Mineralize Eye Shadows and this might be a turning point in my shopping!  I will start with this product, the shades that I must have are Captivating, Exquisite Ego, and Gilded Night.  All of these are shimmering neutrals and I will be able to get lots of use from them in the holiday season and then throughout the whole year.  The Fluidlines are my preferred type of eyeliners, I prefer cream eye liner formulas to pencil ones and I have been all about trying new formulas recently.  I want the Deliciously Rich shade, this is yet another one that will be perfect for the holidays and then for the rest of the winter months.

Lip products are not what I should be buying but I cannot resist at least one new addition to my huge lip gloss and lipstick collection with the Divine Night release.  I can skip over the Lipsticks in this collection, the pale pink one is the only one that I like but I already own two very similar shades to this from MAC.  I must try the Private Party shade of the Cremesheen Glass, this mauve will be very pretty for the fall and winter months and I don't think that I own any type of shade that is similar to this one.  I will be skipping over the blush shades until I can see them at the counter, they are all frosty finishes and I prefer a matte finish blush.  I would be interested in trying these shade only if they weren't very frosty/shimmery so I will need to try these at the counter and then make my decision.

This is great start to the holiday collections, I may not be ready to gift shop but I will be ready to makeup shop very soon!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: