Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Toni and Guy Leave In Conditioner

My latest Glossybox contained a leave in conditioning treatment from a brand that I had never heard from but quickly became obsessed with it.  I have been using a spray leave in treatment from Phyto and was excited to receive a cream formula just when I was considering picking up a more hydrating formula for the winter months.  I will say that my Glossyboxes contain the best assortment of products and I will often receive something that fills a gap in my product collection.  With this box, I received a great leave in treatment and an introduction to an English brand that I cannot wait to order more items from.

Toni and Guy is an English brand that started as a salon quite a few years ago.  It has become a chain of high end salons through the United Kingdom and has spawned a line of unique, high end hair products.  It reminds me of an English version of Warren Tricomi.  I would love to visit London and get my hair done at one of their salons...

"Controls frizz and protects against humidity for advanced all-day manageability. Spread a walnut sized amount evenly through damp hair before styling to help banish frizz.", states the Toni and Guy website.  This leave in is a medium weight, gel-cream formula that smells lightly of a floral garden.  I would actually love to have more products in this fragrance, it reminds me of the old Blushing Cherry Blossom from Bath and Body Works.  That fragrance was a favorite of mine and is one of the few that has never come back for any type of online release or Semi-Annual Sale. 

I use this product after I wash and condition my hair at night but I don't use it before styling in the morning.  I have found that I get the best results in the shortest amount of time with styling bangs when I wash and condition at night and then just quickly jump in the shower and wet my hair in the morning.  I still use a styling cream in the morning in order to tame my hair before straightening, I will always need to use this type of product to fully smooth my hair out and protect it before heat styling.

Daily use of this product has made my ends softer and more manageable plus it helps to prime my hair for styling products in the morning.  This will be a product that I will in the fall, winter, and early spring as my hair is always drier during these times of the year.  Next summer, I will be trying it out when wearing my hair wavy.  I can use it at night as usual and then scrunch and style it in the morning. 

I am very glad that I found this next product from Toni and Guy and that I now have an introduction to this brand.  I will be looking these products up and seeing where I can more of them to buy in my area. 

photo courtesy of Toni and Guy

No comments: