Saturday, October 19, 2013
Butter London Holiday 2013 Collection - Illusionist
The Illusionist nail lacquer collection includes two permanent shades and four brand new shades. All of the shades are very pigmented and will make a statement this holiday season and all throughout the rest of the winter months. I think I will even continue to wear the red shade in pedicures throughout the spring and summer. Most of the shades have a dramatic shimmer finish and will stand out from the rest of the polish collection releases. The holiday season is known for dramatic nail polish releases and these shades will lead the way!
Butter London is an English brand and celebrates some of the best of English culture. I have been an Anglophile for years so I buy these polishes for a combination of the shades and fabulous formula plus I love all the names to them. The promo picture of this collection gets me excited to start stalking Ulta and Sephora for these new shades!
The new Butter London Illusionist collection...
- Union Jack Black - jet black nail lacquer that goes on like liquid leather
- Come to Bed Red - sexist red nail lacquer in history
- Stardust Overcoat - sheer silver holographic overcoat, like a magical sprinkling of stars
- Petrol Overcoat - sheer tornate topcoat with the opalescent sheen of oil reflected in rain
- Stratford Honey Overcoate - sheer gold shimmer overcoat named for a historic London town
- Bramble - opaque eggplant cream named for prickly shrubs with a gorgeous hue and delicious berries
The first two shades are the ones that are part of the permanent collection, I don't own either of them but I love both of them so they will be part of my shopping list along with the other four shades. I want all six of these shades but I think my favorite is Bramble. This eggplant cream actually fills a hole in my polish collection and I will wear this all throughout the cold weather season.
I love this little collection from Butter London and hope this is a preview to all the great nail polish hues that will be released in the coming weeks!
photo courtesy of Butter London