Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Current Favorites!

I feel like I haven't done a Favorites post in quite a long time now but then I realized how much I was changing around my skincare products based on the very late Indian summer and I have only been using a few products consistently enough to make them "Favorites".  Many of my favorite items right now are color products, my last blush shopping craze has created a bunch of both new favorites for me and also added to my shopping list because I want more shades from these great formulas.  I might be all about makeup right now but I bet that once I start using more of the same skincare products consistently, I will have a another Favorites list on the way!

Here are the products that are in heavy rotation!

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface - "A long-wearing, solar-baked blush that lasts up to 12 hours.  Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun, this nutrient-rich blush benefits all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish that lasts an amazing 12 hours. Inspired by tarte's bestselling shades of cheek stains and lip tints, the colors range from soft to vivid to suit a wide variety of skintones. For oily skin types, Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place. Those with dry skin will benefit from the clay's nourishing and hydrating properties, which naturally restore skin's moisture. Combination skin types can rely on its ability to zero in on skin concerns and deliver benefits to restore complexion harmony. The result: Blush that wears better, longer, and truer."  Dollface is a "light pink" shade with cool undertones.  This product has been around since 2011 but a relatively newer product for me, I picked my first two shades of it up at Sephora late in the summer.  The formula is nicely pigmented and the color stays true from the moment that I put it on to the moment that I take my makeup off at night.  Dollface is a pale cool pink that has full pigmentation.  This shade works perfectly for my pale skin and never fails to gather me compliments.

Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Morning Eye Rescue - "An eye cream to de-puff, soothe, and brighten tired eyes.  This treatment quenches and soothes the eye area upon application, leaving eye contours looking rested, fresh, and naturally glowing. It hydrates, soothes, and de-puffs with antioxidant polyphenols, moisturizing grape water, and calming white tea extract."  I love Caudalie products and almost always have at least one in my skincare regime.  This eye cream is one of the few skincare products that I have been able to use each day for the day six weeks.  When used in the morning; it helps to reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness and it helps to make my under eye makeup go on smoother.  When used at night, it hydrates my under eye area.  This gel-cream formula glides on easily and absorbs quickly, a small drop is enough to cover both of my under eye areas.  I have always loved Caudalie face products, this is the company that really introduced me to concept of anti-oxidant skin care and I love their emphasis on the healing powers of grapes and natural ingredients.

Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush - "A moisturizing lip stain that tints your lips with just the right amount of juicy colour and hydrates like a balm. Apply liberally, purse and let the silky lightweight texture melt onto your lips.", I own this product in the bright pink shade and wish that this product was available in more than two shades.  This lip crayon goes on soft and builds pigment to a bright pink hue.  It hydrates well but does need to be reapplied often throughout the day, this product is very similar to a cream lip gloss.  The finish is creamy with a bit of shine and lots of pigment.  I wish that this product was available in more than just two shades, as I would love to collect more of these!

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey - "A universally-flattering, ultra-light lipstick in an iconic shade that anyone can wear because it creates a one-of-a-kind lip look on everyone.  Not quite a gloss, and not quite a lipstick, this transparent lipstick fuses with the natural tone of your lips to create a lip look that’s unique to you. This sheer, emollient-rich formula glides on for easy layering."  Black Honey is a sheer berry tone that looks almost black in the tube.  This is favorite fall product of mine every single year and I will continue to buy this cult lip product as long as Clinique continues to produce it.  This sheer lipstick has a lip balm-like feel and lip gloss-like finish with an easy to wear berry tint on the lips.  I have never met anyone who tried this shade and hated it, it looks different on everyone and is a very easy way to wear pigment on the lips.  This is a fall classic for me and I will be using it until I start breaking out my spring makeup.

MAC Pro Longwear Blush in I'm a Lover - "A lightweight blush with extreme colour perfection and non-fading, eight-hour wear. Ultra fine, silky powder glides on and blends easily to provide a moist, flawless, natural finish or with layering, a brighter, more dramatic look."  I'm a Love is described as simply "pink" but it is one of the best pinks that I have ever worn.  It is a medium bubblegum pink shade with cool undertones, highly pigmented and long lasting.  This is my favorite MAC Blush shade and one of my favorite blush shades that I own.  This product and shade is one of the top rated on the MAC website and it is very easy to see why.

I have a good basis for my fall color products and I am getting a bit excited to see what is coming out the holiday season.  We will see what products I pick up and what ones fall into my favorites within the next few weeks!

photo courtesy of Jelly Pong Pong

No comments: