Saturday, June 25, 2011

Beach Week Day 7 - Lancome O D'Azur

Our last day of Beach Week is going to focus on a product that will help bring the beach to you if you are unable to get away this holiday.  Also we started the week with products from the South of France and now will be finishing it with products from the same place.  This summer, Lancome has released three new fragrances all inspired by the different areas of the South of France.  O D'Azur is the fragrance was inspired by the beaches of the South of France, making it the obvious choice to end out this theme week.  This fragrance is summery and light and I feel that it can be worn for either work or play.

"Carefree.  Enticing.  Surprising.  Drift away on a sensual voyage off the Mediterrean coast with O D'Azur.  The fruity-floral scents captures the feeling of relaxed sensuality on a late summer afternoon where the warm golden sand is complimented by the sparkling blue ocean.", states the Lancome website as a description of this fragrance. This fragrance manages to be both lovely and laid-back at the same time.  It is described as a fruity floral, however I found the fruit notes to coem out more on my skin.

The top notes of the fragrance are: Sicilian Bergamot, Calabria Lemon essence.  The heart notes are: Rose, Peony.  The base notes are: Modern Woody notes, Musk.  I found that the Bergamot, Lemon, and then the Peony notes are the strongest on me, the Rose notes don't come out near as much as they do in other fragrances.  I find this fragrance to be more like Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue, mostly citrus and then fades down to the bottom notes within about an hour. 

This fragrance only lasts about two hours on my skin and smells very light the whole time.  Because of the lightness and crispness of the fragrance, I find that this fragrance could be worn at the beach or at work.  In fact, this is a great fragrance to wear to work in the summer months.  It will take you mentally to the beach even when you are stuck in an office in the city.

Well my first Beach Week has come to an end and I hope that you all enjoy it and that it has given you guys some ways to prepare for the upcoming Fourth of July weekend.  Personally, I am really ready for the beach right now and I have a great fake tan to prove how ready that I am!

photo courtesy of Lancome

No comments: