Thursday, June 2, 2011

Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15

Since I finished up my stint with the Entre Derm Face Creams, I went out to find another one that is also appropriate for the warmer weather.  This time of the year, I am looking for a lightweight hydrator that is recommended for combination skin.  I need something that helps to control oil in my T-Zone but stills provides adequate moisture for my cheek area.  And if I can find something that is made for sensitive skin and contains more natural ingredients, that is a plus.  Boscia was my choice this time around for skincare and the sales associate at Sephora was great with telling me all about this brand and recommending me the correct product.  This isn't a line that I normally gravitate towards but I wanted to try something different and see all the products that this Japanese line has to offer. 

Boscia is one of the few lines that has removed all preservatives from their skincare and has created their own blend for skin that is beautiful and never irritated by chemicals.  I found some information on the Sephora website about the background of this company and the background around their ground breaking product line.  "Boscia has long believed that stress, sun damage, lack of sleep, diet, exercise, and hormonal fluctuations all tell a story that comes to light on the skin.  Therefore, they strive to help clear the picture and reduce the need for makeup to cover flaws.  If the goal is healthy, eye-catching skin - the kind that's luminous, dewy, and naturally even-toned - then the conduit should be equally healthy skincare.  Using a patent-pending combination of botanicals, Boscia's preservative-free formulas function with this healthy objective in mind.  They have long-lasting antibacterial properties that rejuvenate chemically fatigued skin to bring back its natural glow, while combating aging in the most gentle, proactive way possible."

My choice from this line is the Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15 moisturizer, one of the day creams in this line.  "An ultra-light moisturizer with SPF 15.  Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15 controls shine, refines pores, provides continual moisture, and fights signs of aging.  This skincare essential multitasks by protecting the skin against harmful UVA/UVB rays, external pollution, and environmental stress.  It is packed with oil moderating botanicals that offer both anti-bacterial benefits and intensive hydration.  Pores and lines are minimized, leaving a smooth, healthy look and feel.  This formula is 100% preservative free.  Ideal for all skin types, including sensitive skin."

So far, I have been using this product for about 2 and half weeks and I haven't any type of complaint.  the texture is smooth and is a bit thinner than many of the creams that I have worked with.  I can't comment on the anti-aging benefits of course but the pore minimizing benefits are very much present.  The lotion lays down a smooth finish and helps to reduce the appearance of pores and makes it easier to avoid foundation (in the warm weather I tend to give up on it) and just spot conceal problems areas of my face.  The matte effect lasts from the morning until about mid afternoon, I do need to begin touching up with Blotting Linens (Boscia, of course!) around lunch time and will continue throughout the day.  I don't get all day wear from this product, which is one of the few downfalls from it.  If my skin was oilier, I would need a whole separate primer to minimize oil.  The product is great for balancing the oily and dry areas, but doesn't help to reduce the appearance of any redness. 

My absolute least favorite part of this product?  The SPF 15!  Why can't we have either a SPF 30 or no SPF at all so I can really layer with my own sunblock.  I know that SPF 15 is fine for incidental sun exposure but for a product that is made for sensitive skin, SPF 15 normally is not enough.  This company targeted this product for more sensitive skin types so I would thought that they would have put a much better SPF in this product.  I love the preservative-free formula and the texture of this product but the lack of proper SPF really annoys me with this product.

Even though my comments about the SPF aren't exactly complimentary, I actually like this product and the stand that the company takes on preservatives in their skincare.  Based on the SPF, I would be more interested in the line for night creams and other facial products like face washes and masks.

No comments: