Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Clinique Dramatically Different Face Lotion

Clinique Dramatically Different Face Lotion is one of those cult products that has been in every magazine and is beloved by most of the beauty industry.  This is a top seller for Clinique and has been for many years of the simple fact that it actually works as the company says it will.  It seems to be a miracle these days when a simple product works exactly as it is stated to do.  This is a consistent winner in the Allure Best of Beauty Awards and many other Reader's and Editor's Choice Awards.  I first tried this product in the Clinique Gift With Purchase earlier this year and I liked it so much that I went to the counter and bought the full size of this product. 

"The moisture 'drink' developed by Clinique's dermatologists to maintain optimal moisture balance for very dry skins, or skins dry in the cheeks, comfortable to oily in the T-zone.  Softens, smooths, improves.", states the Clinique website when describing the product. 

I first worked with this product in the very beginning of the warm weather when the weather was so humid that my heavier face creams just sat on the top of my skin.  I had this setting around from the gift and decided that it couldn't hurt me to try it and see what happened.  A dime size drop of this product was the perfect size to cover my whole face and neck, when I used more of it, it didn't sink in and just sat onto of my skin.  This product sinks in first to my cheek area and keeps eventhe driest areas of my face hydrated.  The oily areas don't always need this product so I tend to use it on my whole face at night and then just on my cheeks in the morning (along with whatever SPF I using that day). 

This product didn't irritate my skin at all and follows in the Clinique tradition of skincare that can be used on even the most sensitive of skin.  It didn't help to control of reduce any of the redness in my face, however this isn't what the product was designed for.  It doesn't make the redness any worse so I can still cover it up with makeup.  This product keeps my skin soft all day long and doesn't need to be reapplied at anytime throughout the day.

This product is one that I would only use during the summer months, this will not be hydrating enough to use in the winter months when I really need a very hydrating face cream.  This product may be recommended for dry to combination skin but I only feel that it can be used by those skin types in the warm weather.  To use this product in the fall and winter months, your skin needs to fall into the normal to combination-oily skin types.  This product just simply isn't thick enough and the formula doesn't contain humectants to make this an appropriate product to protect dry skin in the winter air. 

This is a cult favorite that lives up to its reputation for most of the population.  This product is versatile enough that any type of skin can make this work, depending on the time of the year and their skin's natural oil fluctuations throughout it.

photo courtesy of Clinique

No comments: