Friday, June 17, 2011

Lippmann Collection Rich Girl Hand Cream

It has been said that a lady's hand reveal more about her than any other part of her body.  If you remember back to Gone With the Wind, Rhett saw through Scarlett's facade of richness as soon as he looked at her hands and saw how beat up they were.  The skin on the tops of our hands is among the thinnest on any area of our body and it often the most affected by the sun and the damage that it causes.  Many first impressions come in the form of a handshake and therefore a good hand cream is something that everyone should be in the habit of using daily.  Personally, I usually alternate between at least two different hand creams, one for the day and one for the evening.  My night hand cream is currently the Super Rich Hand Cream from Bath and Body Works and my day hand cream is this one from Lippmann Collection.

We all know that I love Lippmann Collection polishes and it was only a matter of time before I began trying out their whole line of products.  I bought this hand cream several weeks ago at Nordstrom, after being given a small sample a few months before.  I was intially attracted to this product for two major reasons.  The first reason was that it was a product from Lippmann Collection and the second is that it contains an SPF of 25.  The last thing that I can afford is to have age spots and visible sun damage on my hands since my skin is so pale to begin with.

The Lippmann Collection website states, "Your hands are the first reveal your age.  Keep them guessing with this award-winning hand cream that is formulated with shea butter, avocado, and jojoba oil for unparalleled hydration.  A botanical brightening complex to help even skin tone and a broad-spectrum sunscreen also lend a hand.  Apply a dime size, and then throughly massage into the hands and cuticles.  Intensely hydrating formula works instantly to moisturize and soften.  SPF 25 provides UVA and UVB protection.  Botanical brightening complex even skin pigmentation without irritation.  Cyclomethicone locks in moisture for continued comfort and hydration."

There is just so much to love with this product!  Of course, I love the sun protection since I need any help that I can get in that area with my skintone.  The scent is a very light floral that doesn't compete with any perfume that I wear and doesn't offend anyone that comes into contact with me. This hand cream is very rich and hydrating, mostly thanks to the Shea Butter in the formula.  You only need a little dab of this ceram to completely cover your hands, a dine size might even be a bit too much depending on how dry your hands are.  The first time that I used the product, I put on way too much and it didn't sink in nearly as well as I would have liked.  Less is more with this hand cream formula.   I don't really have any complaints about this product at all, which is pretty new for me.

The SPF is a nice added protection however you must continue to apply the product everytime after you wash your hands.  You must remember how often you use your wands during the day and then wash them or wioe them off.  Everytime that you do that, some of the sunscreen comes off.  So this is a product that you can't just put on once and forget about, like any other sun protection item, you do need to be diligent about repapplying.  Other than having to remember that the SPF is only as good as the way it is applied, I think that this is fabulous hand cream and one that every woman should try.

photo courtesy of Lippmann Collection

No comments: