Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bath and Body Works Wild Garden

Wild Garden is the newest fragrance collection from Bath and Body Works, this one came out just in time for Mother's Day and the beginning of the summer months.  This company's first fragrance release for this spring was Pink Chiffon, a scent that didn't work on me at all and therefore I haven't really been buying body care products from this company for the past few months, all of my shopping trips have been dominated by candles and matching Wallflower scents.  But with the release of this collection, I know that I will go back to buying body products that next time that I am shopping.  Wild Garden is a limited edition collection that contains three new fragrances, all of which are light florals.  The three fragrances are Wild Berry Tulips, Wild Apple Daffodil, and Wild Citrus Sunflower.  Of the three, the Apple Daffodil and Citrus Sunflower are my favorites.

Wild Berry Tulips reminds me very much of many of the previous berry scented fragrances from Bath and Body Works.  It reminds me of a lighter version of Be Enchanted or Secret Wonderland, two scents that are strong on the sweet berries.  I like berry notes but they don't like me so I often have to skip over these types of fragrances.  This fragrance is "a flirtatious blend of red raspberry, sheer honeysuckle, and pink tulips."  The top notes are: Luscious Tangerine, Wild Red Berries, Dewy Freesia, Water Lilies.  The heart notes of the fragrance are: Strawberry Blossom, Sheer Honeysuckle, Gardenia Petals.  The base notes are: Fluid Vanilla, Liquid Amber, Creamy Woods, Sensual Musk.  This is one of this fragrances that I don't mind in the bottle, I was hoping that this fragrance had enough of the honeysuckle and tulip notes in it that they minimized the berry notes.  Alas, they do not and this fragrance smells like sweet berry and musk on my skin and it is not flattering with my skin chemisty.  In the bottle, the fragrance smells like a mix of sweet berry and honeysuckle but something happens on my skin that makes this not a fragrance for me to wear. 

The second of the new fragrances is named Wild Apple Daffodil, my second favorite of the collection.  This scent reminds me of some of the classic fragrances that were be exited when I worked there in college, I am pretty much out of all of these fragrances now and I was so excited to find a light floral and apple scent that I can wear all the time during spring.  This fragrance is described byt the company as "a playful blend of juicy red apples, flirty daffodils, and fresh pomegranate."  The top notes of the fragrance are: Red Delicious Apple, Pomelo, Sparkling Quince, Juicy Pomegranate.  The middle notes are: Magnolia Blossom, Juicy Peach, Peony Petals.  The bottom notes are: Vanilla Mist, Teakwood, Sheer Musk.  This one comes out as a light apple and peony mix on my skin, I love the way that the lotion smells but the fragrance mist is just ok.  The floral notes come out in the lotion but the mist is heavier on the apple notes, so I will be skipping the mist but will be buying this fragrance in the body products.  I love how light this fragrance is, it is perfect for spring and summer!

The last of the fragrances is my favorite, the Wild Citrus Sunflower is one that I didn't really expect to love since citrus doesn't always love me.  However this fragrance turned out to be my favorite of the bunch, esepcially for the upcoming summer months.  This fragrance is "a sunny blend of sparkling clementine, cheerful sunflowers, and luscious white nectarine."  This top notes are: Sparkling Bergamot, Iced Lemon, Fresh Papaya.  The middle notes of the fragrance are: Tropical Gardenia, Watery Tiare, White Nectarine.  The bottoms notes are: Creamy White Musk, Exotic Teak, Ambrette Seed.  This is another fragrance that smells very different in the fragrance mist and the body product forms.  Like most other fragrances with a citrus in them, the body products work well but not the mist.  I love the body products in this scent, it is the perfect citrus with just a bit of floral in it to soften the fragrance. 

These products come in the traditional product forms; Fine Fragrance Mist, Shower Gel, Body Lotion, and Triple Moisture Body Cream.  It also comes in a series of newer products, one of which is a body scrub and the other two provide shimmer. 

The Glowing Body Scrub is the new form that I am the most excited about.  When I was in college, I loved Bath and Body Works' scrubs and I owned almost every single one in the store at one point.  I am so glad that this company is beginning to bring them back out, over the past few years I feel like this company has offered less and less scrub formulas.  "Our Signature Glowing Body Scrub helps skin feel soft, smooth, and supremely sexy.  Bamboo gently exfoliates and helps smooth skin, while Coconut Milk extract and Vitamin E nourish to leave skin looking beautiful."  I must try this product out and buy some tubes of it to regrow my scrub collection.

The two shimmer forms are not as exciting to me since I rarely use shimmer and when I do, I prefer to use a shimmer powder.  One of the shimmer forms is a cream, the other is a foam formula.  The first of the new forms is the Shimmer Body Cream.  "Our Shimmer Body Cream with nourishing Aloe Vera and Vitamin E will make your skin feel soft and smooth with a sexy, luminous sheen."  I would prefer the cream over the foam but I am a bit worried that a cream will be too heavy when the humidity rises during the summer.  The foam version is the named the Shimmer Fizz Body Mousse.  "Our Signature Shimmer Fizz Body Mousse goes on with a fresh, fizzy feeling and leaves skin sparkling and silky soft."  I believe that I have an earlier version of this product from when Bath and Body Works released Hello Sugar! and it isn't my favorite product.  In addition to the three new forms, only the Wild Berry Tulips comes in a shimmery rose lip gloss. 

I love these new fragrances and I am so glad that Bath and Body Works brought these three out this spring.  I want both the Wild Apple Daffodil and the Wild Citrus Sunflower in all the body products.  In these two scents, I think that I will be picking up the Shower Gel, the Glowing Body Scrub, and both the Body Lotion and Triple Moisture Body Cream.  I can't wait to do some shopping from this collection and I will be checking in with my mother to see if she would like nay of these for Mother's Day.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: