Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Essie Summer 2012 Collection - Poppy-Razzi Collection

Is is just me or is this the first time that an Essie collection has had a name to it?  I believe that it is and I must say that I really love this name and I think that is it super clever.  The name alone makes me want to buy shades from this collection and I love the bright pink that is featured in the promo picture on the website.  I recently bought To Buy or Not To Buy from the spring collection and I have been wearing it on my toes straight for my last two pedicures.  I feel that this line doesn't just much love from the beauty industry and I love that I saw this shade in several beauty magazines in the months of March and April.  For once, let's take some of the publicity away from OPI!  I am hoping that at least one of the four shades from the summer collection will have the same fame.

This collection is named Poppy-Razzi, making me think of the Lady Gaga song that I will never be able to get out of my head now...  "I travel incognito, but always bring poppy-razzi.", is the collection description from the owner of the company.  This collection contains four new brights that will be great pedicure shades over the next few months.  I see two pinks and two oranges, the oranges will be skipped over since this shade is never flattering for my skintone...

We will look at the pinks first.  The first shade is my favorite of the collection, Lights is "an electric pink neon".  This is the coolest toned shade of the collection so I am beginning to think that this is the only shade in the collection that will be very flattering on my skintone.  You guys all know that I have been all about pinks ever since the beginning of the spring collections and I am happy to see that the summer collections are still carrying a range of pink shades for me to lust after.  I know that I will wear this shade all summer, both for manicures and pedicures so this will be a great purchase for me.  The second of the pink shades is a warmer bright pink and may not be as flattering on my skin.  Camera is "a brilliant coral pink neon", it is very pretty on the website but I have to see this one in real life to determine how warm this shade actually is.  Based on the undertones, this shade could be a huge hit or miss for me.  Both shades are cream finish, which I really like since the colors speak for themselves. 

The oranges aren't going to be my cup of tea but I know these types of shades are very popular in the summer and can be flattering on warmer skintones.  Action is my least favorite shade of the collection, this one is "a vibrant light orange neon".  I can't see how this can be flattering on anyone, this bright neon orange reminds me of the vests that construction workers where and I really think this is an awful shade.  The second of the oranges isn't much better, I just really don't like the orange shades and I know that they will never work for me.  This shade is named Bazooka and it is "a bright orange neon".  This shade is the deeper of the two, a bit less obnoxious but I still don't think it is attractive at all.  Again, both of these shades are creams so they are a bit tamer than some of the shimmers and glitters that we have been seeing this season.

Of course my favorite shade is Lights, this is the only one that I know will be flattering for my skintone.  I do like the second pink shade but I need to see it in real life so I can determine how warm it actually is.  Both the oranges are already out...  I can't wait to see how many pink nail polishes I end up collecting between this spring and summer!

photo courtesy of Essie

No comments: