Thursday, April 19, 2012

Clean Clean Skin

My Sephora perfume sample pile is growing larger and larger with every single online purchase that I make to fulfill my Illamasqua obsession.  In fact, I just made another one before I started writing this up, I need to move closer to a store that actually carries the brand.  Now that the warmer weather is here, I have revisited my sample pile and am looking for the fragrances that are light and what I want to be wearing this time of the year.  The one that I am currently trying out is a new scent from Clean, a brand that has created a following around their fresh, soapy fragrances.  Normally, these are not my style of fragrance, I prefer light florals over the clean and fresh scents.  I ordered this sample with one of my many Sephora orders since I was a bit curious about these scents and don't currently own any type of soapy fragrance. 

I first tried this sample when my order came last winter and I originally liked the fragrance and was planning to buy it when I could wear it.  However I have pulled it out again this morning and I am not quite as big of a fan of the fragrance as I thought that I was, perhaps I was just so ready for the warm weather last December that I wanted any type of light fragrance... 

Sephora is the exclusive carrier of this brand (to the best of my knowledge) so I got all of my information off their website.  "This fragrance captures the delicate scent of bare skin.  Hints of dewy flower petals wrap around notes of pure creaminess and warm musk to evoke the simple scent of touchable skin.  Enticing, fresh, pure.  Clean skin at its best."  The notes of the fragrance are: Sheer Honeydew, Lotus Blossom, Fresh Air Accord, Dewy Petals, Aquatic Notes, Blue Rose, White Musks, Amber Woods, Creamy Vanilla.

The first time that I tried this fragrance, I found it to be a clean, aquatic floral and I was so excited to order a bottle during the spring months.  I'm not quite sure why I decided that I really loved this fragrance but I am very glad that I tried it again before I ordered a bottle from Sephora.  Seeing as how Clean fragrances only come in large-sized bottles, this would have been a very annoying mistake to make.  The second time that I tried this fragrance on, it smelled like nothing and I could barely smell it on my skin within an hour of application.  Today I tried it on again and it smells like an aquatic mens colonge.  I don't see how this fragrance can smell so different every single time that I use it, I have rarely had that happen with other fragrances and never with the "clean soap" type of fragrances that have very few notes in them.

The lasting power on this fragrance is among one of the worst that I have used recently, it is gone already and I applied it about an hour and a half ago.  I know that this fragrance contains many top notes but the musk and vanilla should allow it to have a longer wear time than many of the traditional "soapy" fragrances.  I am nearly convinced that I will never find a fragrance in this category that will work for me and that this hole in my fragrance collection will just remain a hole.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: