Sunday, April 1, 2012

OPI New York City Ballet Collection

I have finished up all the official spring color collections and now I am covering a few of the smaller ones that came out this season (with much less hype and fanfare).  Yesterday I looked at the Mad Men collection from Estee Lauder and today we are looking at a second spring collection from OPI.  Both these little spring collections are much better for me than the actual collections from these companies, I wish that they were expanded since I love pretty much every shade in them.

The New York City Ballet collection consists of six polish shades that are pretty pales and are based off the costumes in the ballet itself.  "The soft color palette and effortlessly chic style of the urban ballerina comes to life in this elegant ensemble of six dreamy lacquers."  I have been indulging in all shades of brights lately and now I think that I need some pales in order to balance out my collection. 

Here are the six shades that are offered in this little collection...

- Barre My Soul - sheer nude beige cream
- You Callin' My a Lyre? - soft neutral pink cream
- Don't Touch My Tutu! - sheer neutral white cream
- Care To Danse? - sheer cool lavender cream
- My Pointe Exactly - sheer cool pale gray cream
- Pirouette My Whistle - clear backgrouund with large and small pieces of silver glitter suspended in it

All the shades can be layered with the glitter shade in dress them up and make them slightly more trendy for the season. All of the shades are sheer and need to be layered to really pop on the nail, Care to Danse? seems to have to have the most pigment (based on the swatches that I have seen) but even this shade isn't all that pigmented.  My favorite of the shades is the pale pink shade, this one reminds me of a Deborah Lippmann polish shade that I ran out of and now have a much harder time finding than I used to.  I actually would love to buy all the shades in this collection expect for Barre My Soul, it seems a bit too warm to be as flattering as the others for me.

This collection will sell out very quickly since these shades will work well for any occasion, from work to play.  These are the perfect shades to wear to the office and anyone can pull them off, it is refreshing to see pale shades instead of all the brights that I have been seeing for the past few months.

photo courtesy of brides.com

2 comments:

Missy said...

Soft and beautiful, sophisticated even with a topcoat of glitter, which is usually left for the younger set, but not here. I did buy the entire collection and am glad for it!

queenisabelle29 said...

The glitter top coat quickly became a staple product for me, I have been using it on my ring finger for a subtle accent manicure. It's so lovely!