Saturday, April 21, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Summer 2012 Collection

I have been seeing some great phots of the new Deborah Lippmann summer polishes in both blogs and magazines, this is one of the first collections of all chrome finish polishes that we have seen in quite a long time.  My favorite chrome polish of all time is a Deborah Lippmann polish, Wicked Game, and therefore I have been very excited about this collection every since I first heard about it.  It is finally available on the Lippmann website so I would recommend checking them out before they are completely sold out.  I loved the Deborah Lippmann spring polishes and I am looking forward to find more polishes to love this summer. 

This collection consists of three new shades that are a different type than most of the summer collections, there are no brights and neons in this collections and the deep chrome shades almost look as though they could be a fall collection.  In fact, this actually might be more appropriate as a fall collection, I find it interesting that many of the spring collections contained the brights and the summer collection contains some deep warm hues.  It is not very often that I buy products well before the season begins and put them aside but I feel confident that this collection of polishes will be perfect in any season.

The first shade is my least favorite of the collection, Swagga Like Us is a copper shade that I don't feel will be very flattering on my skintone.  This shade is a "oxidized copper teal" with the mirrored chrome finish that all the polishes in this group have.  This shade is a medium copper with a bit of a green cast to it, this isn't my favorite type of shade to begin with and is too warm for me to pull off.  This shade would look lovely on someone with a warm, tanned skintone but since i will never be this, I will not be buying this shade.

The second shade of the collection is a champagne tone, a shade that very easily could become a staple for me over the next few months.  This shade is named Sugar Daddy and it is an "antiqued champagne" with neutral undertones.  This shade would work well on almost any skintone and shade, it is just that good of a neutral.  I will be ordering this shade and it will work well with almost everything that I currently own.  Based on the pictures that I have seen of this polish in different lights, it has a pink undertone to it in some lights.  This is such a good shade for me.

The last shade of the collection is my favorite and reminds me very much of Wicked Game.  This shade is a deep purple named Private Dancer.  This shade is a deeper purple than Wicked Game and is more blue toned, where Wicked Game has a deep bronze cast to it in some lights.  This shade is a "gilded ultra violet" and is one of the best purple shades that I have seen.  I can't see that I will wear this shade in the summer but I will want to buy it and put it aside for the fall, I will wear this shade all throughout the cooler weather months.

This is one of the most unique summer collections this season and I find it to be a bit better suited for the fall months.  I have found two great shades in this collection, one everyday neutral and one great jewel tone.  Deborah Lippmann makes some of the best polishes on the beauty market today and I always look forward to the new collections!

photo courtesy of Deborah Lippmann

No comments: