Friday, April 20, 2012

Clarins Summer 2012 Collection - Instant Summer Beauty

The spring collection from Clarins didn't really do it for me so I am hoping that the summer collection will be better and at least one or two products will pop out at me.  So far, the Clarins color products don't really work for me and the skincare products are some of my favorites so I am hoping that I can find some color products that are as wonderful as the skincare line.  Instant Summer Beauty is the newest collection and contains only products that work quickly and easily to create an effortlessly pretty look.  I already see that one of my favorite products from this line is included in this collection, the Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch primer and this fact really gets my excited for the rest of this collection. 

This collection consists of five products in total; two primers, one bronzer, one concealer, and one lipstick.  I already own one of the primers in this collection and the other one is targeted toward anti-aging and concealing fine lines and wrinkles so I can't really say that I will be looking at this collection in order to find another primer.  I am still shopping around for a new bronzer or two for the summer months so this is the area that I am most interested in over the next few weeks.  I am thinking that I will buy at least two new bronzers this summer so I can best match my fake tan shades.

Here is the newest collection from Clarins...

Bronzing Duo SPF 15 Mineral Powder Compact - Clarin's Bronzing Duo blends complementary shades of sun for made-to-measure splendor.  Guards against pollution with White Tea Extract.  Fights free radicals with Crowberry and Vitamin E.  Delivers UVA/UVB protecting with 100% mineral sunscreens.
- 01 Light - light tan/medium bronze
- 02 Medium - medium tan/medium to dark bronze
- 03 Dark - dark tan/dark bronze

Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balm - Delivers the colour of a lipstick, the transparency of a gloss, and the comfort of a lip balm for smoother, fuller lips.  Available in 4 bold summer shades.
- 03 Crystal Coral - warm medium coral
- 02 Crystal Violet - medium cool lavender
- 04 Crystal Red - medium neutral red
- 01 Crystal Pink - wam medium pink

Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch - This beauty-award winning primer is the perfect combination of makeup and skincare.  With an ultra-light, ultra-smooth texture, it glides onto skin, leaving an imperceptible veil on its surface, filling in and smoothing away the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and pores.  Your skin will be foundation ready to give your makeup a more even and flawless finish.  Can be used alone or mixed with your foundation.

Instant Smooth Line Correcting Concentrate - This magic corrector is rich in Dermaxyl, a line correcting peptide, that can be applied directly onto lines, wrinkles, and enlarged pores throughout the day to keep your complexion smoother and brighter with instant and long-lasting results.  Perfect to diminish the appearance of facial expression lines with line-filling Acacia Micro Pearls.  Slanted tip makes it easy for targeted application.

Instant Light Brush-On Perfector - In one quick stroke, this brush-on perfector helps conceal imperfections and disguise shadowy areas as it firms and smoothes skin.  Oat Sugars deliver an instant tightening effect to skin upon application, helping to diminish signs of fatigue and imperfections as Clarins Light Optimizing Complex illuminates the eye area and smoothes skin.
- 00 Light Beige - pale neutral champagne
- 01 Pink Beige - pale cool champagne
- 02 Medium Beige - medium neutral beige

I am really excited about some of the products in this collection, especially the bronzer and Instant Light Brush-On Perfector.  I think that I would start the summer with the lightest shade of the bronzer and then perhaps buy the medium shade depending on how deep I get this summer.  Somehow I still doubt that I will need the medium shade since I don't get that dark even at the height of the self-tanning season.  The Instant Light Brush-On Perfector really interests me, I want to try using it around my undereye area since the two eye creams that I am using are both only fighting puffiness and not my dark circles.  I love that there is a shade with pink undertones since many concealers can be too warm for my skintone.  The last piece that I want from this collection is the lip balm in the pink shade, it will be very flattering against my pale or tanned skin this summer.

I love this collection from Clarins and it makes up for the spring collection, I will be investing in several products from this collection.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: