Friday, April 27, 2012

Caudalie Fleur de Vigne Shower Gel

Caudalie is one of those few brands that manages to produce product after product and they are almost all winners for me.  Between this line and NARS, I could buy enough products that I would never have to look at any other beauty brands again.  In addition to the fantastic skincare products in this collection, a series of body products are also offered that contain the company's philosophy of Vinotherapy and the rewards that our skin can reap from the grape seed polyphenols, one of the strongest natural anti-oxidants in the beauty world today. 

This company has a series of spas all around the world, a place where your whole body can reap the rewards of the Vinotherapy.  Visiting the Spa at the Ritz Carlton is a dream of mine and I can only hope that I will be able to go there one day in the future.  But until that time, I will use as many of the skin and body care products that I can buy.  Currently, this company offers several scrubs, one lotion formula, and one shower gel formula.  I own the body lotion and the shower gel, having ordered both of them from Sephora after reading that some of the body products are scented with the Fleur de Vigne fragrance that I have loved for years.  So far, I have used the shower gel every morning for the past week but I haven't opened up the body lotion yet.  Today we will look at the shower gel only and hold the lotion for a later time.

I ordered this product from the Sephora website and that is where the following information comes from.  "A plant-based, soap-free shower gel scented with Caudalie's Fleur de Vigne fragrance that respects the skin's natural pH.  First created exclusively for the Luxury Vinotherapie Hotel 'Les Sources de Caudalie', Fleur de Vigne Shower Gel leaves the skin soft and subtly perfumed with notes of vine blossom, delicate melon, white rose, and pink pepper."

Like the rest of the Caudalie product line, this shower gel contains mostly plant-derived and natural ingredients instead of many of the chemical surfactants that are found in many of the shower gels on the market today.  That being said, this product can't be compared to traditional shower gels in some aspects.  A wash with plant-derived ingredients for washing will not foam up near as well as traditional formulas.  This product foams up enough to cleanse the body but will not satisfy those who love huge amounts of foaming bubbles.  What I love the most about this gel is that it is very gentle and does not strip the skin and leave it tight and dry, I will be able to use this gentle formula in the winter months and not worry about it really drying my skin out.  It rinses very clean and doesn't leave any type of residue on the skin.

This fragrance is wonderful, I have always loved the Fleur de Vigne fragrance, a light floral that can be worn even the worst heat and humidity of the summer.  I don't believe that the body lotion is the same fragrance so I would love to have a matching lotion in this fragrance.  Fleur de Vigne will always be a favorite fragrance of mine so even if this formula was awful, I bet that I would end up repurchasing the product just for the fragrance.  But I am very happy that the product formulation is as good as the fragrance itself!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: