Wednesday, April 4, 2012

MAC Tres Cheek

The second of the four MAC releases this week is a targeted collection for the cheeks, Tres Cheeks contains a series of new blush shades.  The traditional blush formula is one of the only products that I have never tried from MAC, I have used the Beauty Powder as blush but for some reason I have never bought one of their original blushes.  Lately I have been buying so many blushes from NARS and Illamasqua that I haven't been looking at other brands the way that I normally do.  Prehaps this series of new shades will change that for me and I will be picking up a few MAC Blushes on the coming weeks. 

Tres Cheek contains only new shades of the original formula, to the best of my knowledge this is not a new formula just a series of new shades.  "Blush as vibrantly, softly, or hip as you dare in shades that reflect your mood, style, and skin tone.  Six new limited edition Blush Powders in red-orange, peach, pink, and lavender that are seamlessly sheer, and stay as bright on the skin as they are in the palette."

The six new shades...

Powder Blush - Colour for the cheeks and face.  Various formulas.  Different looks.
- Pink Tea - neutral beiged pink
- Immortal Flower - bright peach
- Full of Joy - lavender
- Lovecloud - bright midtone pink
- Modern Mandarin - red-orange
- Peony Petal - bright blue pink

My favorite shade is the one that I have pictured, the Peony Petal is a bright blue pink that will work very well with the all the makeup shades that I currently own.  I am always buying more pink and rose blushes that promise to have full pigmentation and now I have more to add to my collection.  In addition to Peony Petal, I want to order Full of Joy and perhaps Pink Tea also.  Pink Tea looks as though it will be a less dramatic shade so this one might be best for professional environments.  I am interested in the Full of Joy shade, the pale lavender.  I am curious as to how this shade will appear on the skin, it is very pale and cool so if I can't pull it off than I don't know who it will be flattering on.

Time to go blush shopping again!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: