Thursday, April 5, 2012

MAC In Extra Dimension

Collection Number 3 of the week from MAC is a cross between a targeted product collection and a full color collection, it is larger and more varied than the two previous collections but still doesn't contain products and shades for the entire face.  In Extra Dimension is a small collection that revolves around a new eye shadow formula, a liquid-powder hybrid unique to the MAC cosmetics line.  In addition the eye shadow formula in this line, MAC also introduces a new highligher to their line with this collection.

"Introducing a new liquid-powder formula with prismatic reflections that sculpts, highlights, and models the face.  Two products to try: Extra Dimension Skinfinish and Extra Dimension Eye Shadow."  I am more interested in the eye shadow than anything else in this collection, liquid facial highlighters are not a product that I typically use and I don't really plan to start them anytime soon.  I guess this is the collection that I am the least excited for in this group...
MAC In Extra Dimension...

Extra Dimension Eye Shadow - A liquid-powder Eye Shadow with prismatic reflections in ten shimmering tints.  Impact ranges from sheer crystallized light to a highly polished metallic effect.  Lasts up to 6 hours.
- Grand Galaxy - dirty midtone violet
- Young Venus - pale white pink
- Blue Orbit - light iridescent purple
- Warm Thunder - dirty silver gray
- Modern Pewter - dirty olive gold
- Sweet Heat - bright peach champagne
- Havana - dirty copper brown
- Lunar - royal blue
- Rich Core - dirty aubergine
- Dark Dare - charcoal black

Extra Dimension Highlighter - A liquid-powder highlighter with prismatic reflections that sculpts, highlights, and models the face.  The cool, creamy near-fluid formula creates a luminous, well-defined finish.  Wears 10 hours.
- Whisper of Guilt - light soft white with shimmery sheen
- Supreb - soft peachy nude with multi dimensional shimmer
- Glorify - copper with golden shimmer

234 Split Fibre Eye Blending Brush - Specifically designed to deliver two unique results for eyes; the natural goat hair in this split fibre picks up and applies powders and pigments, while the synthetic fibres blend colour for professional quality results.

128 Split Fibre Cheek Brush - Designed for exceptional Blush application, this split fibre brush delivers a soft, diffused look with its unique combination of natural and synthetic fibres.

I would consider picking up a few of the eye shadows from this collection but that is about all, my thoughts on liquid highlighers still hold and I don't think any of these shades would be all that flattering on me anyway.  This type of eye shadow formula would actually fill an empty place in my makeup collection, all of my shadows are either powder or cream.  My favorite shade in the new formula is the one that I have included a picture of, Grand Galaxy.  This deep lavender shade is actually like nothing that I currently own and I am so attracted to this shade.  If I like this formula, I would then buy the following shades: Young Venus, Warm Thunder, Modern Pewter, Sweet Heat, and Havana.  I am very hopeful about this formual since lately I have been interested in creating bright, colorful eyes for the spring and this formula could be a huge asset to creating this look.

Next up is the only full color collection from MAC...Reel Sexy!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: