Sunday, April 8, 2012

Chloe L'Eau de Chloe

I have been very silent regarding perfumes and fragrances lately, in fact I haven't purchased a new fragrance this spring up until last week.  The reason behind this fact is that I have so many half-used bottles of perfume and I have been trying to use them up and clear more room on my dresser.  You could accurately state that I don't even have room for one more bottle in my collection.  I was determined to get through the spring and use up at least one entire bottle and begin to make a dent in my pile of samples before I bought anything new.  That resolution went well for a few months, I tried a few different fragrances on when I was at Sephore but nothing was really catching my eye and I was working through my sample pile without being tempted to order any of the fragrances in their full-sized bottles.  I did well until I smelled the new Chloe scent, L'Eau de Chloe in a beauty magazine.

I really liked it on the page in the magazine and decided that this would be the fragrance that I tried on my wrist the next time that I went to Sephora.  This fragrance has a prominent rose note in it so I knew that I would love it before I even put it on.  And I did love it from the moment that it began to dry down, knowing that eventually I would be adding to my collection this spring.  I held out for a month but that Sephora VIB 15% coupon killed me (there was another trip after the first...) and I bought a bottle of this about a week ago.

"L'Eau de Chloe is elegance injected with a modern twist.  It's an utterly innate sense of chic with the fresh feeling of springtime pastels, light dresses, and rose petals.  This smooth and comfortable fragrance is a totally addictive floral mix.  Made with 22 percent natural rose water, the scent is fresh, carefree, and totally feminine with a delicate and lively mix of rose, floral notes, and green outdoorsy notes." 

The notes of the fragrance are: Grapefruit, Cedrat, Peach, Violet, Rose Petals, Natural Water of Rose, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Amber.  The strongest note when I first spray it on is the grapefruit note.  The fragrance then dries down into a strong rose and violet fragrance, the base being rounded out by the cedarwood note.  I barely smell the peach and patchouli notes of this fragrance on my skin, a good thing since I haven't been really liking some of the peach notes that I have been smelling in many of the new fragrances for the spring.  The rose note is the strongest, making this a great fragrance for me.

This was marketed as a lighter, more springy version of the traditional Chloe fragrance.  I don't own the original fragrance but I remember it to be a rose fragrance that was still light enough for the warm weather.  I think the addition of the grapefruit was what set this fragrance apart from the original.  Grapefruit notes don't always work well with my skin chemistry but the rose notes in this fragrance temper it enough that it works well on my skin. 

This is one of the lighter fragrances that I own and the lasting power is fair.  Several sprays last about four or five hours on my skin, not great but longer than some other fragrances last.  So far I have only found this fragrance in an EDT form, perhaps it would last longer in an EDP form.  The lasting power is my least favorite aspect of this product, I wish that Sephora would bring it out in rollerball form so that I could throw it in my purse for touch-ups.

I still need to keep working on using up some of the perfumes that I have open on my dresser already, I only opened this product to try it out and to test out the wear of the product and then I put it back into the box since I still have no room for the bottle.  My goal is to find the room for this product by the end of the month of May, this fragrance is great for spring and will work very well all the way through the summer months.  Last note - the Chloe scarf on the bottle just makes me feel lovely and I just love the simplicity of the square bottle design.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: