Saturday, April 7, 2012

Phyto Plage "L'Originale" Protective Beach Spray

It may not be beach weather yet but I have already began to think about my summer haircare regime.  I have already started exercising outside and therefore I have to think about how the sun's UV rays are affecting my hair color and how the wind is adding to my split end issues.  I have brought out a product that I bought two years ago just for the beach and I have began adding it into my haircare regime to protect my hair from the outside elements.  My main concern in the summer months is how much more dry seems to be and the resulting frizz issues, I don't have any blonde in my hair yet so I don't worry about brassiness and the resulting color change associated with blonde.  But I am still looking at blonde highlights for the warm weather so it is never too soon to start thinking about protecting my hair color.

Phyto Plage is a line of four products that is made for protecting and hydrating hair at the beach and then replenishing it after the sun exposure.  The product that I using right now is the original product from this collection, the beach spray that was made for vacationers at the Riveria.  The Plage "L'Originale" Protective Beach Spray is used both during sun exposure and then after it to further replenish and hydrate the hair.  I spray it on before I go out running and then use it again after I wash my hair, the first time for protection and then second time for hydration and shine promotion.

This product was carried at Sephora when I bought it two years but I think that it is only available during the summer (at least in the stores).  To the best of my knowledge, it is available all year round on the Phyto website so this is where I am finding my information now.  "The original formula since 1974.  Create the ultimate beachy look with this original sun protection oil formulated to protect color and combat the effects of powerful UV rays.  Provide maximum sun protection with added moisturizing and softening benefits for ultimate sheen and shine."  Phyto recommends that you use this product before sun exposure and then again during the exposure (especially after any kind of swimming or exposure to water).  Since I am not at the beach yet, I use it before I go running to protecting my color.  I use it later then to help rehydrate my hair.

The active ingredients in this product are two hydrating oils and the UV protectants.  Calendula and Castor Oil are both very hydrating and help to prevent tangles and knots that are very common during a day at the beach.  The UV Filter and Anti-UVB Polymers help to protect color and help retain the moisture in the hair.  Since beginning to use this product again (about a week has gone by now since I began using it), I have seen that my hair is very soft and easier to style.  Even on days that I am not exercising outside, I use this product on my wet hair since the hydrating oils aide to moisture retention and have boosted the shine of my hair. 

I love knowing that I am protecing my hair even when I am running outside, this line of products is made for the beach but protects and hydrates well in any warm weather outdoor activity.  I haven't noticed any huge difference in the appearance of my hair color, however if I put blonde or red highlights in it than this product will become a necessity.  Currently, I love this product for how soft it makes my hair and for the shine finish of my hair.

photo courtesy of Phyto

No comments: