Monday, April 2, 2012

Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage

With the advent of my favorite season comes one big downfall...seasonal allergies!  Within the past month, my allergies have kicked in and my eyes have completely puffed up.  This time fo the year, normal eye cream isn't always enough and the Fresh Lotus Eye Gel was helping to reduce the appearance of the bags but just wasn't fully cutting it in this area.  I recalled a product that I had years agom from Juvena that excelled in the area of allergy eyes because the product was dispensed in a cool metal rollerball, therefore applying the product in a very targeted fashion and the coldness helped to reduce the bags under my eyes even further.  I remembered reading in a magazine that Clinique had made a similar product so I decided to put my Sephora VIB 15% coupon to good use and actually purchase something that I needed!

"A rollerball that massages away bags as it brightens and refreshes the eye area.  The rollerball goes on under the eyes to cool and refresh as it gently rolls away puffy bags and the appearance of fatique.  Its ingredients, including invigorating caffine, potent anti-oxidants, and soothing botanicals, work immediately and over time to brighten the eye area.  Easy to take anywhere, it provides a refreshing on-the-spot treatment or can be layered over or under other makeup.  This product is oil-free, non-irritating, ophthamologist tested and suitable for all skin types.  Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Massage is an Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner."

The Sephora website states that this product should be used morning and night and then again throughout the day as needed.  I have found this product is used best in the morning only, it isn't hydrating enough for me to use it as my only eye product.  I still use the Fresh Lotus Eye Gel at night to hydrate my eye area and prevent the dry scales that can appear at the corner of my eyes (another downfall of the allergy season).  This product has been working wonders on my undereye puffiness, making the area look much better overall and helping my makeup to apply better.  Within a week of use of this product, my bags were much reduced and I can get away with using much less foundation and concealer that I normally have to use in allergy season. 

The product applies very easily and feels cold to the touch upon application.  The metal roller ball makes application foolproof and allows the product to be placed only where needed so nothing is wasted.  The serum itself has a watery texture and dries almost instantly after application, it absorbs very quickly and is light enough that any skin type should be able to use this product.  Someone with dry skin around their eyes cannot use this as their only eye product, they will need to use a separate product to hydrate and soothe.  On the flip side, someone with oily skin will be able to use this as their primary product as they do not need the same level of hydration that those with dry skin do.

This product is a great choice if you are suffering from the allery eyes that come around this time of the year, it works very well to depuff the undereye area and help create a smooth canvas for makeup.  It doesn't hydrate that much so in many cases this is best as a day product and a separate one will be needed for the night.  I tried once to use it over makeup (as the company states that I can) and I found that it smeared my concealer a bit and wasn't that great in this regard, this could be used a touch-up product during the day only if you aren't wearing undereye makeup.  I found that I didn't really need it more than once during the day so I think that using thir product multiple times during the day would be a waste of the product.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: