Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Zoya Summer 2012 Collection - Beach and Surf

It may only be the second week of April but I have already began thinking about summer vacation and what I want to do in my three months of freedom from grad school.  To match my looking forward to the summer months and hitting the beach, the summer makeup collections are beginning to come out and have been further adding to my excitement.  I have never really loved summer collections as a whole and this is one of the first times that I have been really excited for the summer months.  What I have been the most excited about so far is shopping for bright nail polish shades, starting to fake tan, and adding some sunny highlights to my hair.  I thought that it was very appropriate that I started with a summer nail polish collection, the newest collection from Zoya.

Zoya's summer collection is named Beach and Surf and is actually divided into two collections; one named Beach and the other named Surf.  The Beach collection contains cream finish shades and the Surf collection contains a series of metallic shades with the popular foil finish.  I think that I am the most excited about the Beach part of the collection, I prefer cream finishes when I wear bright polishes.  On the Zoya website, the collections can be bought in individual bottles or in sets of six polishes.

"The new color of fashion, Zoya Nail Polish combines the most sought-after fashion nail colors with the longest-lasting, safest technology in nail care.  Zoya's 300-plus stylish nail polish are all formaldhyde, toulene, dibutyl phthalate (DBP) and camphor free.  The cutting edge formula has also won a Women's Health Magazine independent panel award for longest-lasting polish.  The release of Zoya's four seasonal polish collections is always hotly anticipated by beauty editors, beauty lovers, and the salon and spa community alike."

The Beach part of the collection...
- Reagan - Deep cool fuchsia pink with subtle blue undertones and an opaque cream finish.  Reagan packs a lot of color without being excessively bright and is soft but not overaly muted.
- Lara - Medium magenta rose pink with subtle yellow undertone and a soft cream finish.  A soft shade, but with a candy-like pop of color to ensure that it doesn't look flat.
- Shelby - Soft but colorful cherry blossom pink with an opaque cream finish.  A light girly pink with enough tint to keep it from looking pastel or washed out.
- Arizona - Softened bright citrus orange with a muted cream finish.  This orange is bright but also very soft, giving it a fun, orange sherbet-like look on the nails.
- Tracie - Faded, yellow-toned pistachio green with delicate silvery shimmer for a frosted pearl finish.  Great for a fresh-looking twist on vintage avocado green.
- Wednesday - Faded dirty medium turquoise with green undertone and an opaque cream finish.  A very stylish shade with a funky yet easy to wear vintage look.

The Surf part of the collection...
- Kimber - Rich, bright and saturated medium magenta pink with strong gold metallic shimmer and a foil-like finish.  A huge hit of color and a shot of shiny gold metal make this polish look electric.
- Carly - Very rich, bold, red-toned dark purple with iridescent red and silver metallic shimmer and a dense foil finish.  The bold color and sparkling foil finish make Carly like gift wrap for your nails.
- Rory - Medium mauve pink with lilac tones, gold and silver reflective metallic shimmer accents and a foil-like finish.  The gentle color of this polish gives the foil finish a softened appearance.
- Myrta - Warm medium orange coral with a red undertone, gold and silver metallic shimmer, and a foil-like finish.  The coral color of Myrta is soft, but the foil finish gives it an added warmth and glow.
- Meg - Light yellow-toned mermaid green with heavy gold and silver metallic shimmer and a sparkling foil finish.  A light and fresh looking green with added sparkle and shine.
- Zuza - Deep, saturated, oceanic turquoise with gold and silver metallic shimmer and a foil-like finish.  A beachy, colorful, foil-like shade with the perfect balance between blue and green.

I am thinking that I could wear the cream shades on my nails and the metallic shades on my toes.  The collections appears to offer each shade in a cream finish and a metallic finish, I am envisioning some great matching manicure and pedicure looks at the beach and on the town this summer.  From the Beach collection, I want the bright pink (Lara) and the aqua (Wednesday) shades.  I do want to see how close Wednesday is to China Glaze's For Audrey and Aquadelic, two shades that I have been wearing this spring.  From the Surf collection, I love the pale pink (Rory) and the aqua (Zuza) shades.  The bright pink foil from Surf is a bit too warm to be flattering on my skin so I think that I will skip over it. 

I am so excited for the aqua shades in this collection, I have a black halter bikini and a black strapless dress that I am dying to pair these shades with.  This is a great start to the summer collections!

photo courtesy of Zoya

No comments: