Monday, May 16, 2011

Bath and Body Works Into The Wild

I must say that Bath and Body Works has released so many new products this spring that I am beginning to have a hard time keeping up with all of them.  Everytime that I go into the store, I end up walking out with a bag full of stuff and a mental list of more items that I want to buy the next time around.  Starting with the Island Escape, then Carried Away and Country Chic, I have so many body products that I can barely store them anymore.  And then to top it all off, their newest fragrance, named Into The Wild, is a new favorite of mine and I now have another fragrance to buy when I am there.  I have a feeling that Into The Wild will be one of my new fragrances for this summer. 

Into The Wild is the newest addition to the Sexy line of fragrances and I love my Sexy scents all throughout the fall and winter.  I am so excited that I have new one that I can wear in the summer.  A Sexy scent for those long summer nights?  This one is coming home with me in all the forms that it is offered in.  This scent is a mixture of florals and a shot of mandarin to keep the fragrance from being too sweet.  "Mater perfumers have blended exotic mandarin and lush petals with white woods to create this seductive fragrance inspired by a sensuous escape into the jungle", states the Bath and Body Works website. 

The top notes are: Juicy Mandarin, Red Apple, Pear Blossom, Pimento Berry, Pink Currant Buds, Fresh Aldehydes.  The heart notes of the fragrance are: Magnolia Petals, Night Blooming Jasmine, Wild Honeysuckle.  The base notes are: Gold Patchouli, Okoume Wood, Tonka Crystals, White Moss, Warm Musk.  The notes that come out the strongest in this fragrance are the Magnolia, Jasmine, Honeysuckle, Mandarin, and the Pear.  This is one of the most unique fragrances that Bath and Body Works has come out with and it smells much more like a high end perfume than some of their other scents.  This one will work so well in the summer with a little dress and very high heels. 

This fragrance is available in the traditional formulas and one new item.  The traditional forms include the Shower Gel, Body Lotion, Triple Moisture Body Cream, Body Splash, and the EDT.  The new product is the Signature Smoothing Body Scrub, a Walnut Shell based body scrub.  "Our Signature Smoothing Body Scrub helps summer skin feel soft, smooth, and supremely sexy.  Super fine Walnut shells gently exfoliate and help smooth skin, while hydrating Coconut Milk and moisturizing Vitamin E nourishes to leave skin feeling soft and looking beautiful.  Sexy summer skin has never been easier."

So far, I have bought the Shower Gel and the Triple Moisture Body Cream and I plan to go back for the EDT within the next week or so.  I will be skipping out on the scrub, it wasn't quite as creamy as I was hoping it would be (like the one that was released with the Island Escape collection) and while the gold shimmer in it is very pretty, it all rinses off and leaves no trace.  I also thought the scrub could have rinsed off cleaner, I felt that there was a residue on my skin after I rinsed.  I wish that this product would have come in some type of shimmer product, it would have worked so well with this type of fragrance.  I actually thought that the scrub was a shimmer product when I first saw it from a distance, since the gold flecks were visible through the package.

To finish off my thoughts on this new fragrance, I must comment on the packaging.  This is rivaling Dark Kiss as one of the best bottles that Bath and Body Works has ever released.  This bottle looks exactly like what the fragrance smells like and represents.  I love the bronzed jungle goddess look for this summer and I am so excited to buy this one and wear it soon.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Into the Wild is my favorite! I'm wearing it right now :)

queenisabelle29 said...

Love it so much, I might wear it today to get rid of rainy weather blues!

Anonymous said...

Into the Wild is my new favorite!! Then I have to have the new mango coconut.... Love it for summmer!! Pat