Wednesday, May 4, 2011

MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder

This month, MAC has released the Magically Cool Liquid Powder into it's permanent collection.  I had my first experience with it during the release of Venomous Villians early last fall.  Two shades of this were introduced with the collection and sold out at my counter before I was able to get my second haul in.  My first haul was all eyes and lips and I hoping that this would be around when I went up the week after but it was not to be.  I was able to play with the tester since the MAC associates really wanted me to see this and she showed me why she loved it.  I wasn't looking for powder in round one so I put it back but then I lost my chance with it.  But I have another one now!

"You've longed for it and now it's captured: MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder.  This feather-light, silky powder goes on with the refreshing impact of an ocean mist.  What's more, this magical melange contains just enough optical blurring via it's light-diffusing pigments to render skin's surface into line-softened, natural luminosity.  How magical is that?"  I'm a bit surprised that this product wasn't released with the upcoming Surf Baby collection and then made permanent after that, it would have been a perfect fit with the overall theme of that collection.  Or I could just buy it with my products from Surf Baby.  I am even looking for a new loose powder since I am finishing up my Make Up For Ever HD Powder.

Magically Cool Liquid Powder - A silky, feather-light powder, formulated with 70% water, dusts on to the skin as a cooling mist to set and enhance the look of any foundation.  Beyond sheer: light-relfecting and translucent.  A virtually invisible way to add luminosity and a soft radiant glow to the skin.
- Truth & Light - sheer shimmer that reflects silver and pink
- Honey Rose - sheer rosy beige with multi-dimensional shimmer
- Cajun - sheer bronze shimmer that relfects gold

187 Duo Fibre Brush - A large full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of face powder or pigments.  Use to create soft layers or add textures.  Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibers.

If these are the same shades that came out last fall, then I believe that Truth & Light was what was used on me.  If it was then this is the shade that I am going to buy this time around.  The texture of the powder is very light and fluffy and would be best used with a big fluffy brush.  The texture actually feels cold when going on the skin and is very refreshing in the summer months.   I used to use an Awake powder with this type of texture and they are very similar.  I am having a hard time getting this powder now so I am very glad that I can buy this one easily from MAC.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: