Saturday, May 21, 2011

O.P.I. for Sephora Summer 2011 Collection - Safari Luxe

Animal prints are right on trend this summer and this is one of the first major collections that I am seeing that embraces this trend.  I have seen lots of neutrals and bronzes this summer but so far, I haven't been seeing all out safari shades.  Until I saw this nail polish collection that is...  O.P.I. for Sephora has released a new collection for summer that is all safari hues and a group of animal print nail prints that stick right onto the nail.  I have been interested in these types of stick on products since I first saw some earlier this spring but I don't think that this type of product really works my style.  Maybe this collection will sway me...

"Inspired by animal-print fabrics, snakeskin pumps, and stacks of gold bracelets, Sephora by O.P.I.'s new Safari Luxe collection takes after one of the hottest trends to hit the runways: safari chic.  'We came up with a nail lacquer collection as stylish and fun as the trend itself,' says Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, O.P.I. VP and Artistic Director.  'And just like a leopard-print scarf spices up an outfit, each summery shade adds instant edginess to your wardrobe.'"  We have six new nail polish shades and three of the stick-on prints to chose from in this collection.

First the new nail polish shades...

Nail Polish - Fashion-forward, wearable nail colors for the modern woman who is looking for an effective, safe, environmentally conscious brand.  Sephora by O.P.I. Nail Color, a line of 54+ trend-setting shades, puts the final touch on fingertips and toes with a top-quality formula you have come to expect for O.P.I..  The long-lasting, chip-resistant polish ensures flawless results with each application, and its green ingredient list excludes DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde.  Sephora by O.P.I. combines the quality and color expertise of O.P.I., the world leader in professional nail color, with Sephora's reputation for the latest in beauty and sophistication.
- Caught With My Khakis Down - opaque fatigue green
- Don't Feed The Hand Models - opaque pink beige
- A Color That Can't Be Tamed - opaque mint green with fine holographic glitter
- I Don't Bite - opaque soft purple with fine holographic glitter
- Wild About Shimmer - sheer champagne with medium gold glitter
- Once A Cheetah, Always A Cheetah - opaque orange with medium gold glitter

Chic Print - Safari Luxe - Animal print pre-cut nail patches for extraordinary nails, instantly!  This innovative line, brewed by Minx and loved by your favorite celebrities, creates customized nails, featuring fierce patterns and prints to satisfy your wildest mani-and-pedi dreams.  One set of Chic Prints contains 16 nail patches of varying widths, for a one time application to fingers or toes.  The nail patch is a solid-film material with an adhesive bed that is activated by friction, allowing the patch to fit over the compound curves of your nails and seal onto the nail bed.  The patent-pending material removes easily by rubbing and peeling off.
- Giraffe - giraffe print (brown spots on clear background)
- Leopard - leopard print (black spots on gold background)
- Zebra/Leopard - one half zebra print, the other half leopard print (black stripes/black spots on a white background)

I am much in doubt that I could pull off the Chic Prints, maybe I would be able to wear them one night out to match a black dress adn then take them off in the morning.  I guess that if I were to try them out, I would buy the Leopard print ones, the black and gold ones.  If the Zebra wasn't combined with Leopard, then I would love the Zebra but there is just too much going on for me to pull this pair off.  From the nail polish shades, I think that my favorite is I Don't Bite, the lilac with holographic shimmer.  We all know that I have been loving lilacs and purples this spring and this is another one to add to my collection.  I also really like Wild About Shimmer, I could use this by itself or as a topcoat to other shades.  Caught With My Khakis down is one of my favorite names of all time and since I like the color, this one ends up on my shopping list too. 

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: