Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bath and Body Works Signature Coconuts Cooling Body Mist with SPF 30

As I stated in my last post about the entire Signature Coconuts line, I wanted to do an additional post about one of the new products that came out with this collection, the Cooling Body Mist with SPF 30.  The first time that this product was released was with this collection and I am so hoping that this product will come out in other fragrances in their collection.  As I have already stated earlier, May is Melanoma Awareness Month and this product is another easy and fun way to get some additional sun protection.  And I am all for lovely smelling sun care products since I bet they will make people more likely to buy and actually wear them on a regular basis.  I bought this product the first day that Bath and Body Works had it out on the shelves.

Bath and Body Works describes the product in the following description.  "Our scented, easy-to-apply Signature Collections Coconuts Cooling Mist with SPF 30 refreshes summer skin while it protects.  Apply 15 - 20 minutes before sun exposure.  Hold mist about 4 inches from skin; apply evenly and liberally and enjoy a luscious burst of creamy coconut and exotic mango.  Do not spray into face; mist hand and apply to face.  Reapply after swimming, excessive perspiration or towel drying."

We all know that I love the Coconut Mango fragrance and will be using the body products all summer.  I have been playing with my bottle of this product for the past day or two and since it is raining, I haven't been able to take it for a full test drive.  The instrutions on the use of this product are the typical sunblock use instructions so I don't doubt that went used correctly, it will protect skin from the harmful rays of the sun.  I will love using this product at the beach since I often feel weird without some type of fragrance on but don't want to wear a heavy perfume to the beach. 

With the growing incidence of melanoma and other skin cancers, I am really hoping that a company that can make sun protection fun and a product that people actually want to wear will be helpful in educating the public and getting more people to consistently wear sun protection.  This product is very easy to apply and dries very quickly.  This product has a nozzle that allows a wide spray and  it helps to evenly cover all of your skin, making sure that you don't miss any areas.  It dries very quickly and doesn't feel tacky on the skin.  This product contains more of the chemical sun protection ingredients, not my preferred type of sunscreen but it still works quite well for me.  I really can't rave enough about how easy this product is to use and I really think that anyone can use this product and help save their skin.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try it...I am all about protecting against skin cancer since I am so fair. Need to protect my Irish skin!!!

Unknown said...

I just bought this today :)