Wednesday, May 4, 2011
So what does MAC say about this collection? "A high-altitude collection of sensually spongy watercolour whipped mousse cream shadows. Soar sky-high with a flock of sixteen Free As Air shades that Up The Ante for formula innovation in luminescent washes that build from sheer to medium easily." This collection includes both the new eye shadow formula and a range of colored mascaras to complement the new shades.
Big Bounce Shadow - Eyes are fresh and luminescent with beautiful sheen washes of vibrant color using new Flightly Eye Shadows. This spongy, mousse-like eye shadow is lightweight, lasts for hours, and imparts a cooling sensation upon application.
- The Cool Elite - white with silver pearl
- Good Fortune - soft pink yellow with pink and silver pearl
- Trophy - soft peach with pearl
- Impeccably Rich - light cream with gold pearl
- Up The Ante! - rich copper with gold and silver pearl
- Reward Yourself - bright peach coral with gold pearl
- Free As Air - sky blue with silver pearl
- Spread The Wealth - dirty olive with gold pearl
- Extra Charged - bright green with multi color pearl
- Sizzlin' Diva - copper with gold pearl
- Rich Thrills - dirty silver with multi color pearl
- Luxury Truth - violet with gold pearl
- Count Your Assets - rich blue purple with multi color pearl
- My Next Indulgence - forest green with blue and gold pearl
- Rich, Sweet - chocolate gold with gold pearl
- Black Diamond - black with gold pearl
Zoom Lash - Major drama. Lasts all day. Creamy, velvety formula builds density and conditions. Feels light, supple. Ultra-sculpted brush has three-sided fibres to embrace and separate each lash, hugging every curve. Coats in one stroke from root to tip. No smudging.
- High Esteem - mid tone gray with silver pearl
- Blue Charge - deep navy blue
- Plum Reserve - light violet purple
- Green is Green - jade green
242 Shaper Brush - For powder, concealer, or emollient-based product application. This brush has firm fibers carefully shaped to form a rounded edge for smooth, even finish. MAC professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.
So first the new eye shadow formula. I am going to refer you to Temptalia.com for all the full details and all the work that she did with this formula. I learned several basics from her which I will share with you now. First of all, these are not an easy formula to work with and do not perform as a traditional cream shadow. I always apply creams with my finger, these come right off with this type of application technique. It is suggested that this formula be used with the brush that the company recommends. Next, these shadows must be used with some type of primer in order for them to have any type of multi hour wear. It was stated in that blog that these shadows actually perform best as a base when used with another shadow over them. I will not add my own thoughts until I can buy one and try the same type of tests out but I do recommend that you read her blog fully before you decide on purchasing these.
I do like a few of the shades but I don't know if they are unique enough to warrant a purchase if the application and wear is not up to MAC's usual standards. I like more of the neutral shades; the Good Fortune, Trophy, Up The Ante!, and Rich Thrills. These are nice shades but I know that I could find ones that are very similar in MAC's permanent eye shadow collection.
So my verdict is still out on these but I don't think that these will be a purchase for me. I tend not to get great results with regularr cream shadows that are deemed as easy to use so these might be too much for me to work with on a daily basis. Though I might want to see if MAC recommends them as eye liners...
photo courtesy of MAC