Thursday, May 26, 2011

MAC Surf Baby! Face

The Surf Baby collection is now fully on the MAC website and is coming out on the Nordstrom and Macy*s websites and the counters will be bringing it out this week too.  This collection is so large that MAC divided it into two parts on the website, one is the Face collection and the other is the Colour collection.  The Face collection is the bronzers and the assorted products that would support them.  Last year, I loved the To The Beach collection and so far, I like what I have seen of Surf Baby!, I really like certain pieces of it but I overall liked To The Beach much more.  We are going to start with the Face collection here and go into the Colour collection the next post. 

"Bronzing for every dude and dudette looking for a killer tan.  Bring commotion to the ocean with Bronzing Powder and new Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder.  Add contours and dimension with the latest Skinsheen Bronzer Stick!  Defy sun-and-sea blasted lips with Suntints SPF 20 Liquid Lip Balms.  Stylishly striped Surf Baby! bags are ready for sea, splash, and sun."  I'm not so sure about working with the Bronzer Stick since I have never tried liquid bronzers before so I will need the MAC associates to help me with this product.  Whether or not, I like the liquid bronzer, I can't wait to try the powder bronzers in this collection.

Here is the Face part of this collection...

Surf Baby! Suntints SPF 20 Liquid Lip Balm - Summer's softest tint and luscious liquid shine.  more than pretty.  Defends lip against sun, wind, and salt.  With its MAC Surf Baby! striped vial, and easy-going nature, a must-have.  Limited edition.
- Lilt of Lily - soft creamy pale pink
- Pink Tinge - clean bright yellow pink
- Full of Grace - soft sheer rose

Surf Baby! Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder - Creamy, blend-able, no-streak bronzing powder that provides a naturally matte, lightly luminous finish.  Antioxidant formula ups the care factor.  In its white surf-rider striped MAC Surf Baby! compact - stylish!  Limited edition.
- Gold-Go-Lightly - mid tone golden tan brown
- Lush-Light Bronze - mid tone rosy pink brown

Surf Baby! Bronzing Powder - Our classic bronzing powder heads surfside in a compact featuring the vibrant stripes of the Surf Baby! collection.  Lays on the bronze as smoothly as you ride the waves!  Limited edition.
- Solar Riche - midtone deep orange brown
- Refined Golden - finely spun golden with soft pearl finish

Surf Baby! Skinsheen Bronzer Stick - Bronzes, shapes, and sculpts the face.  Sheer-to-medium buildable coverage that looks naturally radiant and sunny.  Stashable - with its MAC Surf Baby! look - way cool!  Limited edition.
- Gilty Bronze - coppery bronze with gold
- Tan-Tint - soft suntan bronze
- Billionaire Bronze - warm golden tan

129SH Powder Blush Brush - The 129 Blush Brush with a shorter handle.  Includes a travel pouch to keep your brush clean.  This brush is particularly good for blush application.  The fibres are soft and form a full, rounded shape.  MAC professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials.  They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

Surf Baby! 1 - Our classic rectangular MAC makeup bag captures the surf spirit in the collection's signature multicolored striped pattern.  Mini-petite.  High quality coated canvas looks fresh -  a summer must-have!  Limited edition.  5 in x 4 in x 1.5 in.

Surf Baby! 2 - Our classic rectangular MAC makeup bag captures the surf spirit in the collection's signature multicoloted striped pattern.  Mini-petite.  High quality coated canvas looks fresh - a summer must-have!  Limited edition.  6.5 in x 4.5 in x 1.5 in.

First thoughts - I love this packaging!  The white and striped pattern will make these products very easy to find in my traincase and will allow me to not dig for five minutes to find one or two products.  Of the bronzing products, I only want the Studio product in the Lush-Light Bronze shade since that this is one with most pink in it, all of the others seem to be much warmer and almost more orange.  As I stated above, I still need to try out the bronzer sticks, since I haven't worked with anything like them before.  Last but not least, I want all three of the Suntints Lip Balm but I have heard that they are all very sheer and without tons of pigment so I feel that one will get me through.  My favorite shade is the Full of Grace shade, the one that is more rose than light pink.  I also want to buy the Surf Baby! 2 bag (the larger one), the bright colors on this one will also make it very easy to find in my tote bag.

Next up...the Colour Collection!!! 

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: