Friday, May 20, 2011

Smashbox Summer 2011 Collection - Softbox

Softbox is the newest collection from Smashbox and I must start by saying that this is very small collection.  It actually only contains two new items, one eye palette and one lip gloss set.  The eye shadow palette has been a top pick of mine ever since I first spied pictures of it.  Lately, I have been using a Smashbox eye shadow at least twice a week and I never fail to get compliments on the shades and I am always happy with the wear and easy of use of this eye shadow formula.  You could say that Smashbox is beginning to rise up on teh list of my favorite makeup companies even though I have mostly been using their eye makeup so far.  Perhaps this lip gloss set will bring me over to their lip products yet too...

This collection is named Softbox and it contains shades that will help to create an easy summer look that is also polished enough to wear during the day to work.  "Inspired by the Softbox Studio at Smashbox - where natural light rules - our summer collection is all about effortless, diffused beauty."  I just love the neutrals that are in the eye palette and I can't wait to get my hands on this set. 

Softbox Eye Shadow Palette - Forget piling on eye makeup in the heat of summer.  Our pro artists have handpicked all of these hues (including 7 new shades and 4 best sellers!) with soft, naturally gorgeous eyes in mind.  Includes FREE step-by-step guide for creating three looks and a mini Photo Finish Lid Primer.  This set includes: 9 Eye Shadows, 2 Cream Liners, Double Ended Brush, Mini Photo Finish Lid Primer, Get The Look Guide.
- Nectar Eye Shadow - warm gold shimmer (new)
- Lucky Penny Eye Shadow - bronze shimmer (new)
- Sienna Eye Shadow - deep black brown
- Vanilla Eye Shadow - off white shimmer
- Sugar Eye Shadow - warm pink gold shimmer (new)
- Nude Eye Shadow - deep warm brown
- Flirt Eye Shadow - deep champagne with sparkle
- Stone Eye Shadow - deep matte warm charcoal
- Truffle Eye Shadow- deep black brown shimmer
- Bronze Cream Liner - warm bronze (new)
- Taupe Cream Liner - charcoal gray

Softbox Lip Gloss Collection - Just try to resist this beautifully wearable set of glossy goodness in take-everywhere travel sizes - perfect for summer getaways.  Plus, no matter what your day looks like, you're covered with both our classic and long-wearing formulas.  Includes 3 new shades and 3 bestsellers! 
- Infinite Limitless Long Wear Lip Gloss - pale beige shine
- 24/7 Limitless Long Wear Lip Gloss - deep sheer plum shine
- Afterglow Lip Gloss - shimmery pinky peach
- Brown Sugar - warm caramel shimmer (new)
- Glam - cool mauve shimmer (new)
- Illume - clear iridescent shimmer

I love both of these two sets and I looking forward to buying both of them.  If I had to choose, my favorite of the two is the eye shadow palette, I can work with all of these neutrals for the next few seasons.  I love the new Nectar Eye Shadow shade and this one is only available in the palette so far.  I also love the Vanilla and Sugar shades from this palette too.  From the lip set, I love the Afterglow and Glam shades.  Afterglow reminds me very much of NARS Orgasm so my interest here will be comparing the lip gloss formulas. 

photo courtesy of Smashbox

No comments: