Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bath and Body Works Signature Coconuts

Coconut has always been a favorite scent of mine, one that I use all summer long and then continue to use all winter in order to escape the cold.  Last summer and earlier this spring, Bath and Body Works brought out and kept adding to the scents in their Signature Vanillas collection.  This week, they have released the summer version of this collection, the Signature Coconuts.  Just like the Vanillas were all a mix of one fruit note and a vanilla base, these are one fruit note and then a coconut base.  Since I already collect coconut fragrances, this collection is yet another way that I have stock my bureau with all types of yummy coconuts.

This collection contains three new fragrances; Coconut Mango, Coconut Pineapple, and Coconut Passionfruit.  I first tried the Coconut Mango when I bought one of the $1 bottles of lotion that was out around Mother's Day.  I tried all three of the lotions at that time but I decided that the Coconut Mango was my favorite.  Since I already love both coconut and mango scents, this scent was perfect for me and will become a favorite of mine this summer.

I have already stated that Coconut Mango is my favorite of the three scents.  Bath and Body Works has described the fragrance as "a luscious burst of creamy coconut and exotic mango".  This one is the perfect mix of coconut and mango, with the coconut coming out first on the skin and then the mango being stronger note on the dry down.  The top notes of this fragrance are: Juicy Thai Mango, Fuji Apple, White Nectarine.  The middle notes are: Passionflower, Vanilla Orchid, Casaba Melon.  The base notes are: Coconut Cream, Tahitian Vanilla, Indonesian Sandalwood.  This is one of my favorite fragrances from Bath and Body Works and is such a hit for me, it reminds me of how much I used to love the Tutti Dolci line from this company several years ago.

Coconut Pineapple is the second of the new fragrances and this one reminds me of the Fresh Pineapple scent that was released about four years ago for the summer.  I liked that fragrance and I believe that I still have a bottle or two left of it so I don't know that I will need to buy this fragrance.  This one is a mix of "creamy coconut and juicy pineapple".  This one is lighter than the Mango fragrance and smells more of the pineapple than the coconut but with my skin chemistry becomes more a sweet, fruity scent and neither of the notes in the become very evident.  The top notes are: Watery Pineapple, Fresh Papaya, Sparkling Passionfruit.  The heart notes are: Fluid Hedione, Yellow Honeysuckle, Watery Cantaloupe.  The base of this fragrance: Vanilla Madagascar, Coconut Cream, Driftwood.  This one is on the sweeter side and reminds me more of a pina colada mix than either of the two notes singularly.

The last of the three new fragrances is Coconut Passionfruit, the sweetest of all three fragrances.  Every passionfruit scent that I have ever smelled is on the sweet side and mixing this one with the coconut really sweetens the whole mix up. This one is my least favorite of three, not that I don't like it, I just prefer the other two fragrances.  Bath and Body Works describes this fragrance as a mix of "creamy coconut and tropical passionfruit".  This one is the creamiest of the three and the scent is on the lighter side.  The top notes are: Juicy Passionfruit, Fresh Papaya, Sparkling Tangerine.  The middle notes are: Tropical Tiare Blossom, Pink Lotus, White Peach.  The bottom notes are: Coconut Cream, Vanilla Madagascar, White Musk.  This one smells the least like coconut so this one isn't my style for fragrances.

All of these scents comes in the three traditional Signature products; the Shower Gel, the Body Lotion, and the Body Splash.  The Coconut Mango comes in two additional products that I am willing to bet will be limited edition for the launch.  It comes in the Smoothing Body Scrub that I had already looked at with the Into The Wild scent.  I wasn't a fan of this scrub, the Walnut shell in it is a too too gritty for me and I would prefer the creamy version of the body scrub that came out with the Island Escape line.  The second new product is the Coconut Mango SPF 30 Body Mist (this one will be covered in its own post following the one). 

So what did I end up buying?  Of course, I bought the Coconut Mango in the Body Lotion and the Shower Gel.  I was planning to buy multiples of the Coconut Mango products but I ended up trying the Coconut Pineapple on again and I fell in love with it since when it is on, it reminds me less of the Fresh Pineapple and more of a pina colada scent.  So instead of buying more of the Mango, I bought the Shower Gel and the Lotion in the Pineapple scent.  To round out my purchase, I bought the Sunscreen Spray to use this summer.  I skipped all the Body Splashes since I still prefer a more complex series of fragrances even in the relaxed days of the summer.  I just love having more coconut fragrances to play with this summer!

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: