Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Lemon Zest

Lemon Zest is the newest fragrance in the Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy line.  This one came to limited stores early in the spring and now is available in all the stores.  I have used the Aromatherapy line since I was in college, however I actually used every blend but the Awake blends since they are heavy on the citrus.  Orange Ginger has been the top-selling Awake scent for years however this one always turned sour on my skin and I feel that every single Awake blend that was ever released just got worse and worse for me.  Intially, I had little to no interest in this blend since I am not the hugest fan of citrus or the hugest fan of the Awake line.  Bath and Body Works uses essential oils in their Aromatherapy blends so this is the real citrus oils in these products and they emit a stronger fragrance than many of the other lines in the store.

Aromatherapy is designed to help cure whatever ails you.  Whether it be stress relief, problems sleeping, or problems getting ready to go in the morning; there is an Aromatherapy blend that will help you out.  The Relax and Sleep blends have always been top-notch for me and are the major reasons that I love this line. The other reason that I love this line is that the formulas are very well crafted and the products are among the highest of quality that are offered in Bath and Body Works.  With the newly redesigned packaging of this line, the bottles are even nicer to display and make amazing gifts all year round.

This new fragrance is a combination of lemon and ginseng, in the bottle it smells more of the lemon.  However, once it is applied to the skin, it takes on more of the ginseng note and becomes a light herbal scent.  It is much nicer on the skin than in the bottle, so it is good thing that I tried a bit of the lotion on before I totally ignored the whole line.  I really liked this fragrance on application and this means that I have finally found a fragrance in the Awake line that works with my body chemistry.  I wouldn't go as far as to wear the body mist in this fragrance or to buy all the home fragrance in this scent however I did purchase a few body products and I am very happy with them so far.  The three products that I purchased in this scent are the Body Wash, the Body Lotion, and the Smoothing Body Scrub.

This formula of body lotion has long been a favorite of mine, the texture is medium heavy and seems to have a bit of an oily finish yet it still sinks in very quickly.  "Power up!  An invigorating blend of Lemon Essential Oil and energizing Ginseng provides a quick pick-me-up.  This ultra-creamy, nourishing body lotion is formulated to give skin long-lasting moisture.  Contains precious botanicals and minerals.  White Lily and Malachite are known to help soothe skin so it looks and feels its best."  The slightly oily texture of this lotion really helps to hydrate skin, especially in the dry summer months.  I love that it is very hydrating yet sinks in quickly and leaves no residue on the skin.  The pump bottle is also a nice choice to set by the sink in the bathroom since it has an easy application process.

The Body Wash in the Aromatherapy line is actually a combination of two products in one.  It is formulated to be used as both a body wash and a bubble bath.  I have always used the Aromatherapy washes in the shower only since I prefer their Dream Bath formula for the bathtub.  "Power up!  An invigorating blend of Lemon Essential Oil and energizing Ginseng provides a quick pick-me-up.  This fast-foaming body wash is infused with soothing skin conditioners.  Contains precious botanicals.  White birch and bamboo extracts are known to purify and soothe skin while pearl powder helps to condition the skin.  For an energizing bubble bath, add a couple of ounces to warm, running water."  This body wash foams up with the use of a dime-size drop and then rinses completely clean.  The scent on this wash is stronger than that of the other lines at Bath and Body Works since it contains the essential oil in all the formulations of it.

The Smoothing Body Scrub is a relatively newer product to the Aromatherapy line and is still not available in all the fragrances.  All the lines carry the Sugar Scrub and this one is a lighter option for those who do not prefer the oil in the Sugar Scrub.  "Power up!  An invigorating blend of Lemon essential Oil and energizing Ginseng provides a quick pick-me-up.  Gentle enough to use every day, this foaming body scrub cleanses and softens skin while an aromatherapy blend of essential oils gives you a quick pick-me-up so you can face the day.  Our formula contains natural Walnut Shells and Sugar Crystals to smooth skin and Vitamin E to nourish skin."  This formula can be used in place of body wash in the morning since it foams and rinses quite clean.  This formula I can prefer in the summer since the oil in the Sugar Scrub can get a bit overwhelming on humid days.  This product is also a great choice for a man since it won't leave any type of residue on the skin.

In addition to the products that I purchased, this fragrance is available in the following forms: Sugar Scrub, Body Mist, Hand Soap, Candles, and Wallflower Bulbs.  I found the home fragrance to be very heavy on the lemon, too lemon for me to burn.  This fragrance is much heavier on the ginseng and I think that this makes this much easier to wear, especially if you aren't a die-hard citrus lover.  I really like this new fragrance blend for the summer months and especially the addition of a Smoothing Scrub in a lighter formula.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

1 comment:

Frances said...

Bathing with this in one of those corner tubs would be a dream come true for those who wish to take some time off and relax.