Monday, July 25, 2011

Illamasqua Magenta Muse Collection

Illamasqua has introduced a small collection for the end of summer/beginning of fall.  This collection consists only of lip and nail products, all of which are in the cool toned purple families.  This collection looks as though it is just a small group of products to tide us over until Illamasqua releases their massive fall collection (of which I am eagerly awaiting), MAC often does small collections like this of products and shades that aren't new but go together well and fit a certain theme.  I have been loving lavenders and purple ever since the beginning of the spring so this collection is a perfect fit me for me...

"Featuring a fearlessly electic blend of textures and finishes, spanning from gloss to matt and iridescent, transform yourself into a Muse by midnight with the Magenta Muse collection.  Set to transform perceptions of beauty, in this urban gathering of alternaive hues for the lips and nails; gray, mauve, and magenta mix effortlessly with flashes of coral and red."  I am most excited for the nail varnish hues in this collection and I am much looking forward to picking up a few products from this little collection.

The lip and nail products of this collection...

Lipstick - Let your lips speak volumes.  Indulge in colour-intense lipstick with a highly pigmented formula, available in a choice of flawless finishes, from matt to glossy.  Illamasqua Lipstick glides on smoothly and never feels dry, for the perfect all-night pout.  A must have for professional makeup artists, and those who want to make a statement.
- Underworld - iridescent blueberry violet with a shimmer finish

Sheer Lipgloss - Super glossy, with a sensual, sheer colour designed to enhance your lips.  Use Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss on its own or with Illamasqua Lipstick for added pout.  Add a little more sexiness to your smile.
- Tantrum - deep berry pink

Nail Varnish - Leave your mark with bold, rich, vibrant colours.  Hardwearing and chip-resistant with individual finishes from matt to high gloss.  Apply two coats for intensity and use with Illamasqua Nail Base Coat and Illamasqua Nail Top Coat for the perfect finish.  Talk with your hands and make a statement.
- Poke - bright violet purple with a shimmer finish
- Muse - deep teal blue with a glossy finish
- DWS - cement gray cream with a glossy finish

I am not all that interested inthe two lip products from this collection, I like both of them but I don't love them enough to purhcase them without getting a chance to see them.  I love all three of the Nail Varnishes, I just bought my first Nail Varnish from Sephora and have been loving the pigmentation and wear of it so far.  I think my favorite of the three is the Muse shade, I love blues and this teal will be great to use both in the end of the summer and right on into the fall.  DWS will be a new neutral for me, I would wear this one to work too.  I wonder how Poke compares to my favorite Lippmann shade (Purple Rain).  I believe that Purple Rain might be more on the lavender side and a bit less bright than this one.  But since I already love purples, I will check a swatch of this out next to it and I bet that I will order Poke right along with the other ones.

This little collection was just enough to tide me over until the full fall collection is released...

photo courtesy of Illamasqua

No comments: