Friday, July 1, 2011

Chanel Fall 2011 Collection - Collection Illusions Ombres de Chanel

The Fall Trend Report has gotten me excited for more than just the upcoming fall beauty season, it has me so excited to try and buy the newest products from Chanel that graced their runways.  From the gilded eyes to the polished nails, I have in love with this collection at first site and I can't wait until it hits the counters within the next weeks.  The Chanel webiste has the collection online, so we can begin to look at fall and I can get my shopping list together to try and purchase on the first day of the big release.  If I had to decide on a few items that I am most excited about, I would have to say that eye makeup and the new nail polish shades, both of which are always Chanel winners for me.

This collection is named Collection Illusions Ombres de Chanel and metallic seems to be the major theme of this collection.  "Luminous shimmers and dramatic metallics that bring touches of radiant colour to face and fingertips", states the Chanel website for the collection description.  It might just be that I haven't tried these product yet, but I have never seen the Illusion D'Ombre eye shadow or the Rouge Double Intensite lip gloss yet and now I have more Chanel products to lust after.

The official beginning of our Fall 2011 beauty season...

- Illusion D'Ombre - This intensly shimmering long-wear eye shadow offers true versatility.  An innovative gel texture that is both soft and cushiony allows it to be worn as an eye shadow or eye liner.  Includes a specially designed shadow/liner brush, developed specifically for this unique formula.
- Illusoire - deep shimmering mauve taupe
- Mirifique - deep shimmering black
- Fantasme - shimmering white
- Ebloui - shimmering crimson purple
- Emerveille - pale shimmering cool pink
- Epatant - shimmering cool gray

Le Vernis - Classic and trend-defining shades from the runways of Paris.  State-of-the-art formula strengthens and moisturizes nails as it delivers long-wearing, high-shine, chip-resistant colour.  Applies evenly, without streaking.
- Peridot - shimmering pure gold
- Graphite - shimmering pure silver
- Quartz - shimmering cool bronze

Les 4 Ombres - One essential compact offers unlimited eye looks, with shade combinations that range from matte to satin to shimmer.  Versatile smudge-proof formula can be applied dry for subtle shading, or dampened for more intense colour, all with long-wearing results - in even extreme climates.  Dermatologist tested.
- Prelude - medium warm gray shimmer/pale cool beige shimmer/medium rose shimmer/warm deep burgundy shimmer

Le Crayon Yeux - Line eyes quickly and easily with an eye crayon that achieves a variety of effects, from a subtle yet precise look, to a more dramatic definition.  The built-in smudge applicator perfects a smoky eye look, while a companion sharpener ensures the pencil is always ready for lining.
- Khaki Platine - cool deep gray khaki

Joue Contraste - Unique powder blusher offers buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic, and imparts a flattering radiance to cheeks.  Remarkably silky texture ensures easy application of seamless colour.  Applied high on the cheekbone, or near the eyes, it instantly 'lifts' and softens the face for a more youthful look.
- Rose Ecrin - medium cool rose

Rouge Double Intensite - Glorious long-lasting colour paired with high-shine gloss delivers full-coverage colour that lasts all day.  Glossy top coat imparts brilliant shine and superb hydration, while the innovative fluid texture of the base colour coat applies smoothly, comfortably, with perfect adherence to lips - no transfering or feathering.
- Rose Morganite - deep rose red cream
- Rose Quartz - medium pink rose

Levres Scintillates - Gorgeous shimmer and a high-shine glow is delivered effortlessly to lips with just one stroke of this best-selling lip gloss.  A wide range of shades, from sheer and natural to sparkling and rich, look beautiful on their own, or over your favorite Chanel lipstick.  Equally beautiful: the conditioning formula's comfort and long-wear.
- Pampille - light cool pink
- Braise - shimmering rose pink
- Giggle - deep shimmering cool plum

Rouge Coco - Chanel introduces a modern interpretation of classic creme lip colour as an homage to the rich life and legacy of Coco Chanel.  New lightweight lip colour glides on for easy application, and features a Hydratendre complex to help soften, soothe, and condition lips - even boosting their ability to hold in moisture - for a plumper, smoother, and healthier-looking appearance.  A range of wearable shades with full-coverage finishes, from matte to pearl to soft shimmer.
- Plumetis - medium cool plum cream
- Etole - deep rose cream

Le Crayon Levres - Enhance the shape of your lips and give them perfect definition with this creamy-textured pencil.  Long-lasting, full-coverage colour with a semi-matte finish glides on to soften and soothe lips, and ensures lipstick stays in place while extending its wear.  Makeup artistry touches for most professional-looking result: a built-in brush for blending, and a lip pencil sharpener for precise application.
- Coralline - light nude pink
- Rose Cuivre - deep cool rose

Double Perfection Compact - The long-lasting, flawless matte finish you want...effortlessly.  Feather-light, oil-free formula glides on and provides light-to-medium buildable coverage.  Light-reflecting pigments minimize the appearance of lines, resulting a naturally radiant, even complexion.  Convenient compact is perfect for touch-ups.  Available in a range of shades to suit all skin tones.

Inimitable Intense - This technologically advanced formula builds on the success of the original mascara, delivering dramatic effects with a unique brush.  The result is a more intense lash look, with the same easy application.  Lashes appear longer, thicker, and more curled, yet each lash, even the finest, is still preciously separated -without clumping, spiking, or flaking.
- Noir - pure black

My favorite piece of the new collection is the Illusion D'Ombre gel eye shadows, this is a new product for Chanel and they promise great pigment payoff as well as being extremely long-wearing.  My favorite shade is the Illusoire, the smokey mauve/taupe shade.  The black shade (Mirifique) is a close second however this one is not as unique as Illusoire shade.  Les 4 Ombres contains four lovely shades and is one of those unique eye palettes in which I would actually get full use out of every single shade.  My other favorite product from this collection is the nail polishes,  I must have the Graphite and Quartz shades, I am afraid that the gold shade might be a bit too warm for my skintone.  Also, I tend to wear only silver jewelry and I wouldn't mix the gold polish with the silver jewelry.  Just as I predicted, the eye and nail products were my favorites from this collection.

The face and lip products are nice but they aren't stand-outs for me.  Glossimers are very sheer and often very little pigment shows up on the lips.  I like these shades but I don't love them so I will skip the glosses this time around.  Braise is more of a rose shade so this is my favorite of three and if it looks amazing in real life then I would purchase it.  The same holds for the Rouge Double Intensite shades, like them but don't love them enough to put them on my shopping list.  The Rouge Coco in Etoile is lovely and will be perfect for for the fall.  I originally liked the blush shade when I saw it on the Chanel website but I read a review on Temptalia that it applied very sheer and I prefer a more pigmented cheek look so I will be skipping on this one too.

Chanel also produces a strong fall collection and starts the season off on a high note.  I can't wait until this line comes to my local Macy's so I can begin to work on my fall makeup look!

photo courtesy of Chanel

No comments: