Thursday, July 7, 2011

MAC Semi-Precious Eyes

The second part of this collection is the eye makeup part.  Mineralize Eye Shadows are either loved or hated by MAC fans, shimmer fans loved them, however non-shimmer fans hate their finish and the fall out that can often occur with usage.  You really need to love these shadows to work with them since they are a higher maintence formula but those who love them collect new ones with the release of every collection that come out.  I rarely with these shadows for the above reasons, while I do love shimmer formulas, I do need to really take my time with this formula and it doesn't always translate well to real life.

"Inspired by the naturally beautiful form & mystery of ethically mined minerals from Brazil, these Mineralize formulas get richer with the infusion of four finely milled gems.  Like any limited edition, these elements start off rare & tend to get rarer."  I fell in love with several of these shades when I first saw them and I hoping that I can try each one and see how each formula works.  Hopefully the ones that I like won't be the duds in the application and pigment...

The Eye part of Semi-Precious...

Mineralize Eye Shadow - Baked minerals refined into a powder formula provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application.  Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage.
- Mineral Mode - white base with copper and gray
- Jade's Fortune - bright yellow, blue, lime, and black
- Unsurpassable - green, teal, purple, and copper
- Hint of Sapphire - pink, violet, teal, copper, and blue
- Clarity - light pink, off white green, gold, and black
- Golden Glaze - gold and black
- Faux Gold - coral, lime, gold, and bronze
- Quartz Fusion - soft pink, silver, deep pink
- Rare Find - violet, brown, and gold
- Blue Sheen - navy, black, and peach
- Dark Indulgence - forest green and black
- Smoked Ruby - burgundy and black

Zoom Fast Black Lash - Deeply dark drama.  Same as Zoom Lash, but with carbon black pigment.  Saturates lashes with the richest black ever.  Creamy, velvety formula builds density and conditions.  Feels supple, light, flexible.  Ultra-sculpted brush embraces and separates each lash, hugging every curve.

234 Split Fibre Eye Blending Brush - Specifically designed to deliver two unique results for eyes; the natural goat hair in this split fibre picks up and applies powders and pigments, while the synthetic fibres blend colour for professional quality results.

235 Split Fibre All Over Eye Brush - Subtle or sizzling, edgy or elegant, this split fibre brush allows you to create the eye look you're longing for with its signature blend of goat hair and synthetic fibers.

The description of the Mineralize Eye Shadows concerns me a bit about their texture, they are described as "sheer" and "buildable" however many of these shade look as those they will need a lot of builing to get the pigment level that I desire from any eye shadow that has a black pigment in.  To begin narrowing my list of eye shadows down, I decided to see all the reviews on the Temptalia blog.  My favorites are the Golden Glaze and the Faux Gold.  Golden Glaze is the black and gold shade and it was given full marks for texture and pigmentation by Temptalia.  Faux Gold is said to apply sheer and more on the red side so unless my experience at the counter changes my mind, I might skip out on this one.  I have many gold shades already and I don't really need to add another one that isn't top quality into my collection.  Golden Glaze is my primary focus when I go to the counter this weekend...

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: