Wednesday, July 20, 2011
MAC Cine-Matics Collection for Nordstrom Event 2011
This collection contains the following product groups; two eye palettes that create smoky eyes, eye duos in contrasting shades, little cosmetics bag that contain lip products, and little cosmetic bags that contain special sizes of famed MAC brushes. I can't say that I am seriously in love with any of the pieces of this collection...
The Nordstrom Exclusive MAC line...
Cine-Matics Smoky Black Makeup Lesson - Learn how to smolder! Define the ultimate smoky eye with three sensational shadows - Carbon (M), Ambience (VP), and Bisque (M) - Zoom Lash Mascara in Zoomblack and Technakohl Liner in Graphblack, plus a 275 SE Brush to smudge, and a 212 SE to blend and step-by-step instructions. Set the screen on fire!
- Carbon - intense black (Matte)
- Ambience - medium gray (Veluxe Pearl)
- Bisque - soft muted pinky-beige (Matte)
Cine-Matics Smoky Brown Makeup Lesson - Be a goddess of the cinema! Tempt with three sizzling shadow shades - Showstopper (M), Sable (F), and Retrospeck (L) - Zoom Lash Mascara in Zoom Black, and Technakohl Liner in Photogravure, plus a 212 SE Brush to blend, and a 275 SE to smudge and step-by-step instructions. Discover true drama!
- Showstopper - tawny (Matte)
- Sable - gold plum with bronze pearl (Frost)
- Retrospeck - beached blonde (Lustre)
Cine-Matics On-Screen Pro Palette Eye Shadow Duo - Eyes are twice as tempting with on-screen duos - eight daring pairings that are doubly dramatic in an ultra-slim, stackable, easy-to-use palette. Great for your makeup kit.
- Double Feature 1 - bright yellow gold (VP)/pink-up chrome purple (F)
- Double Feature 2 - bright lime (VP)/frosty deep gray (VP)
- Double Feature 3 - midtone teal (M)/deep chocolate (S)
- Double Feature 4 - deep forest green (VP)/midtone ochre brown (M)
- Double Feature 5 - pale frosty peach (F)/dark brown with green pearl (F)
- Double Feature 6 - light gray taupe (M)/midtone bronze (VP)
- Double Feature 7 - bright fuchsia (F)/cool black (S)
- Double Feature 8 - midtone orange (F)/deep navy (S)
Cine-Matics 'Overnight Sensation' Lip Bag - It's the classic Hollywood story - unknown one day, superstar the next. The Overnight Sensation Lip Bag has three superstar shades for lips, including Pillow Talk Lipstick, Overnight Sensation Dazzleglass Creme Lipglass, and Creamola Cremestick Liner.
- Pillow Talk - deep spice cream
- Overnight Sensation - shimmering medium neutral tan
- Creamola - neutral tan
Cine-Matics 'Nude Scene' Lip Bag - Pucker up provocatively with three hedonistic hues. Amp up your au naturel allure with Nude Scene Lipstick, Lightly Prancing Dazzleglass Creme Lipglass, and Sublime Culture Cremestick Liner.
- Nude Scene - creamy pale nude
- Lightly Prancing - shimmering nude with neutral undertones
- Sublime Culture - pale nude
Cine-Matics 'It's a Girl' Lip Bag - Ingenues of all ages have everything necessary for big-screen kisses with a tantalizing trio of pinks including Innocence Beware Lipstick, It's a Girl Dazzleglass Creme Lipglass, and a Creme o' Spice Cremestick Liner.
- Innocence Beware - medium cool pink cream
- It's a Girl - shimmering cool pale pink
- Creme o' Spice - pale pink
Cine-Matics All Over Brushes - Go from nominee to winner with a star-quality set of short-handled brushes for eyes and face. Packed in a chic zip bag, these five Technicolor talents are musts on red carpets and runways everywhere. Contains the following brushes:
- 129 SE - Powder/Blush Brush
- 227 SE - Large Fluff Brush
- 224 SE - Tapered Blending Brush
- 219 SE - Pencil Brush
- 266 SE - Small Angle Brush
Cine-Matics Face Brushes - Touch up your look with a fabulous foursome of short-handled face brushes packed in a stylish gray MAC bag with red trim. With Technicolor bristles, these are sure to take your close-ups to the next level.
- 187 SE - Duo Fiber Face Brush
- 190 SE - Foundation Brush
- 168 SE - Large Angled Contour Brush
- 194 SE - Concealer Brush
What a let down! I have no interest in this collection at all! What is happening with MAC, none of the recent collections have grabbed me recently. Looks like I will still be waiting for that next collection that I will purchase half of. The only item that I like in this exclusive collection is the It's a Girl bag that is full of pink lip shades. Otherwise, nothing else is all that unique and I either own shades like it or can find shades just like it in any color collection.
I will be fair to MAC and will relook at their website when they officially release Colourizations. I am hoping that somehow their release will contain an element that is missing from the Nordstrom release.
photo courtesy of Nordstrom