Thursday, July 7, 2011
MAC Semi-Precious Colour
"Imagine the impact, gleam, and depth of colour as ethically mined minerals from Brazil work their mystique on Mineralize Skinfinish and Mineralize Blush. Limited edition...Get rich while you can!"
Here is the last part of the Semi-Precious collection...
Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! what made MAC famous.
- Lush Amber - light nude beige (Lustre)
- Gem of Roses - midtone strawberry pink (Lustre)
- One of a Kind - midtone rosy neutral (Lustre)
- Musky Amethyst - deep plum (Frost)
Cremesheen Glass - A lip finish that fuses the creamy, sheen-filled nature of Cremesheen Lipstick with the shine of MAC Lipglass. Soft, comfortable, non-sticky. Applies with a doe-foot applicator. Use a top layer to its namesake Lipstick or on its own.
- Pure Magnificence - light gray pink
- Natural Flare - light caramel nude
- Geo Pink - strawberry pink
- Looks Like Sin - midtone reddish plum
- Richly Revered - deep brown plum
Mineralize Blush - Baked minerals refined into a powder formula to provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage. Veils and enhances the cheekbones with a luminous, pearlized shimmer.
- Pressed Amber - mude, beige, brown
- Warmth of Coral - coral, peach
- Feeling Flush - pink, deep blue, pink, soft brown
Mineralize Skinfinish - A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face.
- Semi Precious Pearl - base: beige champagne/innercircle: white, plum, bronze
- Semi Precious Crystal Pink - base: pink champagne/inner circle: pink, dirty green, bronze
- Semi Precious Rose Quartz - base: rosy pink/inner circle: lime, white pink, copper
- Semi Precious Goldstone - base: brown/innercircle: rosy pink, white, gold
179 Angled Split Fibre Brush - A special split of natural & synthetic fibres. The natural goat hair picks up and applies powders for a soft diffused look, while the synthetic fibres fuse colour onto skin for a more polished and luminous complexion.
128 Split Fibre Cheek Brush - Designed for exceptional Blush application, this split fibre delivers a soft, diffused look with its unique combination of natural and synthetic fibres.
Oh this part of the collection has really let me down! The Mineralize Skinfinishes look horrid in the pot and as though they will be very hard to work with. None of the blush shades work for me either so this is another loss... So the only part of this collection that I really love is the lip products, shattering my initial high expectations of Semi-Precious. My favorite product in the whole collection is the Musky Amethyst Lipstick, the deep berry frost. Musky Amythest is the only product that I must have when I go to the counter, but I alos would like to buy the Lipstick in the One of a Kind shade. From the Cremesheen Glasses, I like the Geo Pink shade only, the others look like nothing that I would ever work with.
I had really high hopes for this collection when I first read about it and saw the initial promotional pictures. After looking in detail at this huge collection, I have come to conclusion that I want one eye shadow and two lipsticks. Considering the sheer size of this collection, this is really disappointing for me. If this is the big beginning to MAC fall collection then I am not seeing a great shopping season at the MAC counter over the next few months...
photo courtesy of MAC