Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bath and Body Works Signature Citrus Collection

If there is one thing that I almost always insist...it is that citrus fragrances are not for me and that I often hate the way that they smell on my skin.  So when I found out that Bath and Body Works was releasing a brand new collection of three citrus fragrances this summer, I can honest say that I wasn't all that interested since I doubted that I would like any of them.  But as I learned with the Lemon Zest fragrance, sometimes a citrus mixed with more notes works for me and doesn't turn into Lemon Pledge on my skin.  In the bottle, these three new scents are very light and the fragrance is actually difficult to smell.  The three new scents are Apple Blossom Citrus, Peach Citrus, and Pomegranate Citrus; all three scents were the winners of the fragrance voting at the March Fragrance Event held in stores.

Apple Blossom Citrus was my least favorite in the bottle but my favorite on my skin.  In the bottle, it has almost no scent but on my skin it morphs into a light floral with a hint of apple notes.  This fragrance is described as a "fresh burst of zesty citrus and juicy apple".  The top notes are: Italian Lemon, Apple Blossom, Juicy Pear.  The heart notes of the fragrance are: Sheer Muguet, Water Lily, touch of Melon.  The base notes are: Skin Musk, Soft Woods, Creamy Sandalwood.  This fragrance is simply lovely on the skin, this is one of Bath and Body Works best in the recent years!  The apple blossom, pear, and muguet notes come out the most on my skin and is so light and pretty.  This is great scent for spring and will appeal to those who like more floral fragrances.

Pomegrante Citrus was my initial favorite of the lotions on cold sniff.  I already own many of the products from the C.O. Bigelow Lemon and Pomegrante line so I was interested in how much these fragrances differed from each other.  The Bigelow version is much stronger and a true blend of the lemon and pomegranate fragrance oils and this version is lighter and has more of a floral and wood twist in addition to citrus.  "An exotic burst of zesty citrus and fresh pomegrante", states the company's website when they describe this scent.  The top notes are: Meyer Lemon, Fresh Tangerine, Blackberry, Coriander.  The middle notes are: Pomegrante, Freesia, Black Currant, Linden Blossom.  The bottom notes are: Blond Woods, Musk.  This scent is a mix of the pomegranate and the lemon and tangerine notes in the bottle, but it also turns more of a fruity floral mix on my skin.  This is another one that was very light on my skin and is a good set of products to use in the warm weather.

Peach Citrus is my least favorite of the three new fragrances, none of the products worked on me.  I had high hopes that the Peach Citrus scent would be similar to the old Sparkling Peach scent however they have little in common.  This one has the highest amount of the citrus fragrance in it and is much heavier on the citrus fruit than any of the others.  This one is described as an "irresistible burst of zesty citrus and luscious peach".  The top notes of this fragrance are: Iced Pink Pomelo, Lime Sorbet, Mango Nectar, Persimmon, Fresh Garden Mint.  The middle notes are: Pink Guava Flower, Water Lily, Fresh Freesia.  The base notes are: Musk.  This fragrance smells very different in the lotion and the body mist, it is one of the biggest differences that I have seen lately in a fragrance line.  They are so different that if they were in black bottles, it is doubtful that you would even know they were the same fragrance.  The body lotion goes pure grapefruit on me, it is very sour and this is the reason that I tend to dislike citrsu fragrances.  The spray is much warmer and peachy, it really smells nothing like the lotion.  This was my least favorites of the products since this is the one that smells the worst on me.

Of course I bought a few pieces from this collection.  I bought all the products in the Apple Blossom Citrus, i will be wearing this scent for the rest of this summer and then again next spring.  The fragrance mist is my favorite piece of this scent and the crisp floral scent is quite lovely on.  I also bought the the shower gel and the lotion in the Pomegranate scent, this will be great for the upcoming hot days in July and August.  The Peach Citrus will be skipped on all counts, this is not the fragrance for me. 

Citrus is the word at Bath and Body Works right now and new citrus hand soaps and Pocketbacs have come out too.  I skipped on the hand soaps but I had to cave on a few of the Pocketbacs!

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: