Saturday, July 23, 2011

Urban Decay Fall 2011 Collection

This is has been a huge year for Urban Decay and they have been celebrating by releasing a special product or set each season to celebrate their 15th anniversary.  So far, my favorite of the year was the spring release of a special set of the award-winning 24/7 Eye Liner Pencils.  So you can all imagine how excited I was to read on the company's website that the fall collection is here and also contains a limited edition eye palette as the special product.  And by coincidence...this is my 1000th blog entry, so this is an anniversary celebration for me to (but in a much smaller scale!).  This is doubly special post for me, since it marks 1000 entries of my beauty ramblings and a brand new fall collection by one of my top favorite brands.

This is another collection that is very heavy on the eye makeup products.  It is a bit too early for me to make overall conclusions about this fall but I feel like the collections that I have been looking at all are very heavy on the eye makeup products and contain minimal lip and face products.  Which I can certainly live with, since I have been obsessed with eye makeup and nail polish lately.  I know that even if a ton of new lip shades aren't being released, I can always turn to the MAC counter and find a dozen lipsticks and glosses that I want to buy (in about five minutes flat!)

I remember the Naked Palette from last fall's collection and I already see the Anniversary palette following in it's footsteps.  It is still hard to get your hands on the Naked Palette and I am still thankful that I bought mine last summer, I use it all the time and it is one of my top 10 staples of my traincase and has been for the past few months.  This palette is already sold out on the Urban Decay website and I am on a mailing list for when it is avaiable again, such is the fate of those who love Urban Decay eye shadows with all their heart.

Here is the 15th Anniversary Palette and the rest of the amazing Urban Decay Fall 2011 Collection...

15 - Year Anniversary Eye Shadow Collection - 15 ALL - NEW shadows for our big 15!  You get neutrals, brights, AND deep shades in a sleek gunmetal collectible box (our most luxe EVER!).  It's our party and we'll launch 15 NEW (and only in this kit!) eye shadow shades if we want to!  With just the right balance of neutrals and brights, darks and lights, the 15 - Year Anniversary Palette is both versatile and the ultimate UD junkie collection.  Shades like "Junkshow" (a bright pink), "Evidence (a deep metallic blue), and "Midnight 15" (an oyster pearl shade) mesmerize the eyes.  The collectible gunmetal outer box features a luxe faceted jewel "UD" on the cover and an eye-grabbing laser-cut filigree design on the sides.  Inside, the shadow tray pulls out to reveal a velvet-lined compartment that can be used to stash jewelry or personal mementos.
- Deeper - deep shimmery golden brown
- M.I.A. - soft shimmery dark brown
- Ace - dark gunmetal shimmer
- Blackout - darkest, most saturated black
- Half Truth - shimmery smoky purple
- Tainted - pale matte purple with golden shimmer
- Junkshow - bright pink with fuchsia shift
- Omen - shimmery metallic bright purple with blue shift
- Evidence - deep metallic blue
- Deep End - bright teal shimmer
- Midnight Rodeo - medium metallic brown with silver and gold glitter
- Midnight 15 - oyster pearl with silver glitter
- Vanilla - shimmery white gold
- Flow - soft peach shimmer
- Chase - metallic bright bronze

24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner - Draw liquid lines so sharp they could cut glass.  Our slender brush lays down long-lasting matte, slick and shimmery shades sure to satisfy your color lust.  Achieve clean, sharp WATERPROOF lines with shocking ease.  The newest addition to our 24/7 franchise is available in a veritable rainbow of long-lasting, highly-pigmented, waterproof color options - shades ranging from matte to glossy to shimmery!  (And why would you only buy one?  Try them all!)  Use the ultra-fine brush tip to create lines that are razor-thin or thick, even and bold.  The brush is also short and easy to control, making it ideal for liquid liner newbies.  The slim pens are convenient - go ahead and pack'em all into your makeup bag - and are color matched to each shade.
- Bobby Dazzle - white silver with iridescent sparkle
- Demolition - deep matte brown
- El Dorado - yellow gold with gold sparkle
- Perversion - carbon black
- Radium - bright blue with silver sparkle
- Retrograde - dark purple with purple sparkle
- Revolver - dark gray with iridescent sparkle
- Sabbath - deep matte navy
- Siren - teal with blue shift
- Smog - deep brown with golden shimmer and iridescent sparkle
- Woodstock - hot pink with iridescent sparkle

The Revolution High Performance Lash Curler - This sleek lash emancipator abolishes one-size-fits-all curling.  The open cage lets you curl your lashes all at once or in sections and won't pinch your skin!  So eye lash curlers that look like scary torture devices make you scream?   Ours won't crimp your lashes or pinch your skin because we eliminated the culprit - those maddening bars on either side of your old eye lash curler.  This sleek lash emancipator handles deftly with an open cage that allows you to curl your lashes all at once OR in sections (like just the outer lashes).  And if your lash line is longer or shorter than average, gone are the days of contending with a standardized cage that was clearly designed with someone else's eyes in mind (no more one-size-fits-all curling!).  We even include 5 replacement pads - swap them out to keep your curler clean and springy.  Viva The Revolution!

Lush Lash Mascara - Indulge your lashes with the hardest working mascara on the planet.  Our unique formula delivers instant length and volume and allows them to grow LONGER!  Nourish, thicken, and lengthen your lashes - from the inside out.  Infused with Peptides that allow your lashes to grow for a longer period of time (as well as moisturizing Panthenol), this formula builds AND beautifies them simultaneously.  The large, unique, hourglass-shaped brush provided generous distribution.  Use it in conjunction with our serum for even more lash nourishment!  This very enduring formula is not technically waterproof, but there was zero smudging or running after road-testing it in a hot yoga class.  The outer component features a lush swirl motif.  This mascara is perfect for anyone who suffers from brittle, fragile lashes as well as those with great lashes who want to build and strengthen them even more.
- Black - rich deep black

Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color - Urban Decay's creamiest, most sumptuously pigmented lip pencil.  This formula delivers all the opaque, saturated, high-impact color of your favorite lipstick and an arresting high-gloss finish in one chubby pencil.  And with a dynamic bright to deep shade range in creamy and sparkly textures, the runway-ready possibilities are endless.  Even the glittery hues in this collection of high-gloss lip pencils feel smooth on your lips (and leave not a trace of sparkle grit).  This conveniently portable lip pencils's high-gloss shine can be blotted for a more stain-like effect, but no matter how your wear it, the color lasts.  Free of mineral oil and paraffin, this formula contain plant-derived ingredients that nourish lips.  Because the barrels and boxes are color-matched to each shade, locating the color you want is easy, even in the deep, dark depths of an oversize tote.
- Adrenaline - bright fuchsia sparkle
- Big Bang - bright pink with sparkle
- Crush - hot pink
- Fbomb - bright red cream
- Punch Drunk - bright orange cream

Of course my favorite item from the collection is the eye shadow palette, I can't believe that Urbane Decay has finally released a palette that contains all brand-new and exclusive shades.  I have a huge collection of Urban Decay shadows that are all repeats of their best-selling shades and I just love that I can get all new ones with this set.  My favorite shades in this palette are both the neutrals and the brights.  I love the Deeper and M.I.A. shades, I love Urban Decay's browns and these look lovely in the pictures.  From the brights, Tainted is my favorite, it reminds me a bit of Asphyxia since it has the blue cast.  The search and the wait for this product promise to be worth it and I am now going to see how many waiting lists I can get my name on for it.

I love the liquid eye liners and I am so glad that Urban Decay has released a new product in their 24/7 line.  Smog is my most wanted of these shades since it is a deep brown with a gold shimmer.  I will use this product all the time and it will become a staple for my fall look.  I also love El Dorado since Urban Decay makes lovely gold eye makeup shades.  I want to test out Perversion and see how it compares to MAC's Penultimate liner.  The eye lash curler looks intense and I would consider trying it out however I am perfectly happy with my current curler and don't need a new one at the moment. 

The last item that I want to try from this collection are the lip gloss pencils.  Fbomb is the only shade that I would try from this group and I would want to see how bright it really is before I buy it.  I like the other shades but I'm not in love with any of them.  Maybe I will work with this product more if Urban Decay releases a few more shades in it.

This collection is best for eye makeup choices only.  The lip choices are minimal and the face products don't even exist.  I'm not unhappy with the eye makeup heavy collection but I am hoping that not every fall collection is going to be like this one.  The best parts of the collection are the eye shadow palette and the new formula of liquid eye liner, however I feel that this collection could have been a bit larger and contain more variety of product and shade choices.  In the past, fall and spring have both contained huge product assortments and I feel like this year, Urban Decay is focusing a bit too much on just the 15-Year Anniversary products and not on their overall line.

photo courtesy of Urban Decay

No comments: