Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bulgari Omnia Crystalline

Bulgari's Omnia Crystalline is the latest fragrance sample that I have been using from the massive pile of samples that I keep collecting from all of my Sephora website orders.  The pile is finally beginning to decrease but I still have quite a few vials that need to be tested.  I love when I can get fragrance samples from the Sephora website since I usually need to wear a fragrance for at least three or four days before I decide if I should add it to my growing collection, gone are the days when I only had a handful of scents and would buy something within twenty minutes after I first tested it out.  Now that my collection is so large, I have to be a bit more selective since I have next to no room on my dresser for anymore bottles.  Bulgari's Omnia Crystalline is a fragrance that I knew next to nothing about before I added the sample to my cart and this fragrance is so unique that I actually own nothing that smells even close to it.

This fragrance is very light and clean, with crisp green notes layered through it.  "Capturing the glowing clarity of crystal light, Omnia Crystalline illuminates, reflects, and reveals a woman's unique radiance, her feminity, her beauty - the inexpressible, irresistible lightness of her being."  This fragrance is like nothing that I have ever owned or have smelled before, a major accomplishment on the part of the creators of this scent. 

The notes of Omnia Crystalline - Bamboo, Nashi, Lotus Flower, Balsa Wood. 

The perfect place to wear this fragrance is the office or out on a date to very nice restaurant.  When I first applied this scent, I immediately pictured pairing it with heels and a suit for a conservative work environment, it is very clean yet still very elegant.  This light green fragrance is not strong enough to offend anyone in the office and is still enough to allow the wearer to rule the boardroom.  The most distinct note in this fragrance is the lotus flower, it is the main green note and imparts a bit of watery floral to the scent.  The watery floral aspect of the fragrance wears off within an hour or two and then the greenery mixed notes are what remains on the skin.

This Bulgari scent is almost composed entirely of top notes and only contains a light balsa wood notes at the base of the fragrance.  The balsa wood note impart a slight woody note to this fragrance but it is overshadowed by the greenery notes at the heart of the fragrance.  The base note in this fragrance doesn't really make the fragrance last on the skin they way stronger woods stay on the skin, I only get about three hours wear from this scent before it almost completely disappears on the skin, I wish that this fragrance was available in a small rollerball or a solid perfume to keep in my bag for touch-ups throughout the day.  I will need to carry the smallest bottle of the perfume around with me in order to keep the scent going throughout the day.

After a week's worth of wearing this sample, I have realized that I really have no fragrance like this in my collection and I want to add it to my line up.  I think that I can wait a few months to buy this fragrance though, it will be best in the spring and summer months and I don't have room for it right now.  I will be buying a bottle next spring, it is so unique and perfect for a professional environment.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: