Sunday, June 10, 2012

China Glaze Summer 2012 Collection - Summer Neons

This is the last of the summer collections that I will be looking at for the season, I would have ended the summer collections with Naked Strangers from Illamasqua but I was waiting around for this collection from China Glaze to release.  I was a little surprised at how long it took China Glaze to release this shade, the spring collection from this company was on the website in the middle of January and I had been seeing reports of the summer collection being available for use at salons since the beginning of May.  Personally, I have already bought all the nail polish shades that I am going to buy this season and I don't need anymore neons that I will only wear for the next three months...

Even before checking out this collection, I can state that there is probably nothing that I will need from the collection since I am already beginning to think about fall beauty trends.  Realistically, before the end of June, we will be seeing hints of the major fall collections and I will be writing up a Trend Report for this season.  This collection from China Glaze is named Summer Neons and consists of twelve new neon shades that all have a fine shimmer finish.  On first glance, this collection looks very similar to the summer collection from Zoya (released last April) and it would have been much better to release it back when that collection was released.  But I think that it is time to get off my soapbox and just look at the polishes and see if I should make a last minute trip to my nearest Sally Beauty Supply.

Here is the Summer Neons collection from China Glaze!

- Surfin' For Boys - bright peach coral with shimmer
- Love's A Beach - bright neon pink with pink shimmer
- Hang-Ten Toes - light blue neon pink with silver shimmer
- Beach Cruise-r - bright purple with silver shimmer
- Under the Boardwalk - deep berry cream
- Ride The Waves - bright denim blue cream
- Splish Splash - bright blue with silver shimmer
- I'm With The Lifeguard - neon green with gold shimmer
- Sun-Kissed - bright highlighter yellow with gold shimmer
- Orange You Hot? - bright medium orange with silver shimmer
- Flirty Tankini - warm bright coral with silver shimmer
- Pink Plumeria - light pink coral with silver shimmer

Overall this is a great summer collection and it is so disappointing that it came out at the tail end of the releases, this collection could have held it's own if it has been released about a month ago and I would have been picking up quite a few shades.  My favorites are the blues and pinks in this collection, Splish Splash is the shade that I am considering a trip to Sally's to see if it is still in stock.  Assuming most of the shades are in stock, I would also like the Love's A Beach, Hang-Ten Toes, and Pink Plumeria shades.  I love the pinks in this collection and they would be solid additions to my pink polish collection. 

The corals in this line are too warm for me to find flattering, most of them tend toward the orange side.  The super-neons are just too much for me and I wouldn't use them at all but I can see them selling well to people who love China Glaze and unique polishes.

Well this is my last summer collection post, I will be rocking my summer shades for the next three months while I begin to look forward to the fall collections.  I have already found a sneak peek of the Chanel fall collection on Makeup Alley and if this collection is any indication, we are in for a great next few months!

photo courtesy of China Glaze's Facebook page

No comments: