Monday, June 4, 2012

Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Pure Treatment

The first new product that I bought when I switch hair salons was the Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Pure Oil Treatment, this was used on my hair before drying and straightening and I immediately fell in love with the heavenly scent of the product.  Later on that day, I fell in love with the texture and feel of my hair after using this product.  Needless to say when I asked for some product recommendations to purchase, this was the first and only product that my hair stylist recommended and I was sold in an instant.  I have been using this oil on my hair everytime that I straighten it and so far I have been loving the results (even though I have been dealing with a long line of rainy days and awful humidity).

Sephora has recently started carrying Alterna so I can get it from my stylist or the store now.  "A strengthening and smoothing oil for the hair.  This double-duty formula can be used as both a deeply nourishing treatment that helps to repair split ends and environmental damage, and as a color protecting style primer.  Made with strengthening organic bamboo and smoothing organic kendi oil, it banishes frizz and imparts intense shine while providing vital nutrients." 

The Sephora website lists two major ingredients in this hair oil.  The first is Organic Bamboo Extract.  It "immediately boosts hair's intrinsic strength, flexibility, and sustainability for stronger, healthier, better-performing hair".  The second one is Organic Kendi Oil, it "repairs and maintains the hair's lipid layer, and protects hair from future damage by infusing it multiple essential fatty acids (Omegas 3,6,9) and antioxidant Tocopherol".

This oil comes in a traditional oil with a dropper and a spray formula.  I bought the oil formula since it is more intense and better for thick, dry hair.  The spray formula have worked on my hair too but it is best for medium hair.  I use about a dime sized drop on damp hair before I blow dry to help protect it from the heat.  I then use about a drop on my hair before I use the iron on it.  I can still follow the product with a shine finishing product and haven't had any issues with my hair getting weighed down.  I got my hair cut over a week ago and so far I haven't noticed any major dryness issues or split ends, a near miracle for my hair. 

My stylish also told me that I can use this product as a deep hydrating treatment like I would any other hair oil.  I have yet to try the product that way but I will be using this product as an overnight treatment once a week this summer to help further its hydration benefits.  This formula of the oil is the product is recommended for use as the deep treatment, the spray formula will not provide the same hydrating benefits, so if you want a deep hydrating treatment then you must buy this oila nd not the spray version.

I love that I now have Alterna products easily available to me and I see that this oil product is actually part of the Bamboo hair line that is made to fight frizz and smooth hair.  I am really considering buying both the shampoo and conditioner from line and alternating it with my Fekkai Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner.  I have another appointment at the end of next month so I will be following up with more reviews of Alterna products in the next few months...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: