Wednesday, June 13, 2012

OPI and Minnie Mouse Collection

In addition to the Spiderman collection, OPI has recently released a second small nail polish collection.  This little collection consists of a range of pink hues for the nails, all of which have been inspired by vintage Minnie Mouse cartoons.  It appears to me that the collaboration of OPI and The Muppets last holiday season must have done very well since cartoon and movie-inspired collaborations have been released from this company over the past few months.  I am liking this little collections, they have had some fun shades that are right on trend.

I have been buying pink polish shades all spring and my collection of pink-hued polishes has grown by leaps and bounds over the past season.  I really wish that this collection would have come out a bit earlier in the spring, I would have been all over these pinks but I don't need to add anymore summer shades to my collection at this time.  "She's flirty.  She's stylish.  She's totally fa-'mouse'.  And now her irresistible charm is yours to enjoy."  This collection consists of four new polishes, one of which is a confetti and the others are full pigment hues of pink.

The three full pigment shades range from a light pink all the way to a deep magenta.  The light pink is named If You Moust, You Moust.  It is a tradition cool-toned light blue pink cream.  This is a very pretty shade but it has been done so many times from OPI and other companies that you really only need this shade if you are obsessed with Minnie Mouse and want to collect all the shades in the range.  The next shade is The Color Of Minnie, a bright pink-red with a very subtle silver shimmer.  This shade is right in the middle of a pink and a red, it is too red for me and I think that I will be skipping over this one since I doubt that it will be as flattering as the others.  The last of the full pigments shade is my favorite, I'm All Ears.  This shade is a bright magenta with vivid silver shimmer.  I love this shade but when I looked at pictures of it online, I saw that it looks exactly like China Glaze Ahoy!, a shade that I already own and love.  I don't need another bottle of this shade, they are almost exact dupes.  However, Ahoy! has been getting harder to find at Ulta and if you can't find it, this is a great sub.

The confetti top coat is the shade that I am most likely to purchase, it is the most unique and can be worn on its own or over any of these pinks.  This polish is called Nothin' Mousie 'bout It.  It is a clear base with gold and pink glitter suspended in it.  In addition to the full-sized glitter particles int his polish, it also contains heart-shaped pink confetti pieces.  I am not someone who goes crazy for anything heart-shaped but there is just something about this top coat that I love.  This top coat would be great for Valentine's Day and is still fun throughout the whole summer months.  I would be more likely to use this top coat in an accent manicure, painting the heart confetti on only my ring finger nails and using the traditional glitter on the rest of my hands.  The salon that I have recently started going to has the full line of OPI polishes for use in manicures so I am considering asking for this type of manicure to see how the effect looks in real life.

This would have been a great collection to release around Valentine's Day and to use at salon in manicures for this special day.  This is still a very fun collection for the summer months, however I wish that some of the pink shades would be a bit more unique since I already own shades that look very much like these.  The top coat is the most unique polish in this collection and that is the only shade that I want to try out.  I will be looking for this collection the next time that I get my hair done at the salon!

photo courtesy of news.instyle.com

No comments: