Sunday, June 24, 2012

C.O. Bigelow Clementine Body Wash and Body Lotion

I am not shy about sharing my love of all things C.O. Bigelow, this is one of the best body product brands on the market and produces a full line up of simple products that work exactly as the company states that they should!  I still have a full collection of Lemon products and I have been using my Mentha products since summer has hit with a bang in my area of the country.  While digging though my collection of products, I have also found a few shower gels and lotions from this company that I had originally tried in college and then ordered more from the Bath and Body Works website when I saw them re-released.  When I worked at Bath and Body Works in college, the C.O. Bigelow line had just been introduced and within several months of the introduction, the line grew rapidly and my collection grew right along with it!  C.O. Bigelow has remained on of my favorite body product brands over the years and I continue to browse botht he Bath and Body Works and the company's website to see what else I might want to order from the line (since it is getting increasingly hard to find outside of the major flagship store in New York City).
The Clementine line of body products was one of the originals in the body line, I first used it when I was a senior in college and stocked up on it when it was discontinued from the line.  However now that many of the shower gels and body lotions have been repackaged, it is back and I am happy to report that it is exactly the same as before.  I ordered the shower gel and the body lotion from the C.O. Bigelow website several weeks ago and hoped that I wouldn't be disappointed if the scent or formula changed around.  The packaging may be different but the great products inside are exactly the same as before!
First we will look at the body wash in the fragrance, I couldn't find this product on the Bigelow website at the moment so I am pulling all of my information from the Bath and Body Works website.  "Our extra-light, uplifting wash leaves skin feeling clean, refreshed, and lightly scented with the refreshing scent of clementine.  Made with honest, genuine, and trustworthy ingredients."  This wash is one of the freshest and best citrus scents that I have ever used.  The clementine scent is dead-on to the fruit and is light enough for the summer months.  The wash foams up very well with only the use of a dime-sized drop on a shower pouf.  It rinses cleanly and leaves a very subtle citrus scent on the skin.  This is one of my favorite washes to use in the summer and I am so happy that it came back in time for the warm weather. 

The matching lotion in this scent is another winner for me.  "Our ultra-light lotion is specially formulated to absorb quickly and leave skin feeling hydrated and replenished.  Made with honest, genuine, and trustworthy ingredients."  This lightweight lotion contains Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, and Vitamin E to help hydrate skin without feeling heavy or leaving a film on the skin.  I love the new bottle that this lotion is offered in, I love the pump-style bottle since it is easier for me to control the amount that I use of the product.  This lotion sinks in very quickly in the spring and early summer months however when the weather turns very humid and hot, I only use the body was in this product. 

I find it really annoying that I have to search for this product online since the C.O. Bigelow staores are getting fewer and further between.  I am so looking forward to moving to New York City since then I can just head right into the flagship store and stock up on whatever I need.  C.O. Bigelow body products need more recognition in the beauty world since they create great simple formulas that smell great and work very well at the same time.  I noticed that this fragrance is now made in a body scrub and a hand soap, the body scrub will be included in my next order since I can't wait to buy more products in this scent!

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: