Saturday, June 30, 2012

MAC Heavenly Creature Eyes

As I stated in the Overview of this collection, the eye makeup products will take center stage and I am betting that they will be the best-sellers of the collection.  MAC seems to agree with my analysis since they have dedicated a separate part of the Colour collection just to highlighting these Mineralize Eye Shadows.  My personal advice on these shadows - if you want a certain shade then you must pre-order it from your counter.  I have found that no matter what the reviews for each shade is, all the shades will sell out within a few days of the introduction at the counter.  These shadows are simply so unique that they become instant cult classics every single year and dupes are nearly impossible to find from any company.
Right now, the Mineralize Eye Shadows are available for order on the MAC website so decide what you want to do pretty quickly after we look at the shades today.  "Eyes go glamorously inter-galactic with these 9 limited edition Mineralize Eye Shadows.  For celestial effects, apply with the 286 Duo Fibre Blending Brush.  Add False Lashes Mascara for a truly otherworldly look."  This is the star of the collection and it seems that every other colour product revolves (Get it?  Planets revolving around the sun.  Ok I'm done now!) and compliments. 

Here are the Mineralize Eye Shadows from Heavenly Creature!!
Mineralize Eye Shadow - Baked minerals refined into a powder formula provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application.  Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage.
- Invincible Light - icy white, lavender, and warm gold melange
- Neo Nebula - cream, warm amethyst, and warm pink melange
- Earthly - beige, peach, and cool brown melange
- Aurora - peach, green, and brown melange
- Bright Moon - gray, silver, and icy green melange
- Magnetic Attraction - orange, pink, and gold melange
- Sky - green gold, turquoise, and cobalt melange
- Water - yellow, lime green, and blue melange
- Universal Appeal - gold, bronze, and violet melange
False Lashes - Fashionably false in look, but honestly real, this mascara's key benefits of volume and curl are matched by a dramatic end look.  The unique edge: the ultra-thickening formula in combo with the plush-em-up action of its unique double-lush brush.
- Black - black

286 Duo Fibre Blending Brush - With its soft dome shape, this two-toned, duo-fibre brush of goat and synthetic fibres provides a sheer, more controlled application of MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow.

The Mineralize Eye Shadows are slightly tricky in application.  I played with one fo the ones from Semi-Precious at the counter last year and the application took a bit to refine.  The first layer was a very sheer finish and it takes at leat two coats to build the pigmentation and to apply enough product to make the eyes match.  I didn't use a brush with this when I played with it, I used my ring finger for a more precise and pigmented application.  I would do the same mode of application again this time around, I really feel that a brush wouldn't apply the product as uniformly as my finger did.  My favorite shade is Universal Appeal, the mixture of the gold, bronze, and violet.  This shade will work with the bronze eye trend now and then well in through the fall months.  That is the shade that I will chasing down first.  The other shades that I like are Earthly and Invincible Light. 

The False Lashes mascara also has my name written all over it and I will be adding this to my order the next time that I go to the counter.  This formula is not limited edition so there isn't quite as big of a rush for me to get this product but I will be needing a new mascara soon anyway. 

The Mineralize Eye Shadows in this collection stand alone from the rest of the shadows at the MAC counter and on the market today.  These shades are colorful and look very intense in the pot but can be applied sheer or built up for full pigmentation.  I will be using these at full pigmentation with a more natural lip look. 

Now for the rest of the Heavenly Creature Colour Collection!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: