Tuesday, June 26, 2012

MAC Nail Lacquer Collection

MAC has released many limited edition nail polish shades over the past few years and often this is one of the limited edition products that the counters receive that is sold out the fastest.  When I was shopping for the products from A Rose Romance, the counter manager at Macy*s told me that the counter received only twelve bottles of that polish and wasn't sure that they would receive another shipment of it.  This pattern has been repeated many times over the seasons so it is no surprise that many MAC polish shades have been instant best-sellers even though the formula can only be ranked as "fair".  I am not alone in stating that I have tried MAC polishes that have an awful formulation and are impossible to work with and then some shades that work very well and apply with no problems at all.  I do wonder how much effort is put into some of the polish formulas since the counters receive so few bottles...

As one of the first fall collections from MAC, the company has assembled many of their limited edition polish shades and have brought them into one permanent collection.  I have read on other beauty blogs that the formula is much more consistent between these shades so hopefully I will find some better polishes now.  I recognize many of these shades, some from the Venomous Villians collection and some from Fashion Sets.  I'm sure that if I went back through my blog and many of the previous MAC collections, I could place almost all of these shades, most from previous limited editions but I do believe that a few of them are new shades.  Intially, I wasn't very excited about this collection since the formula variations are have been so great with MAC polishes but when I saw that shades from Venomous Villians were included in the collection, I got very excited since I missed these shades the first time around. 

As of right now, the collection is only available on the MAC website but should be at the counters by the middle of next week.  "30 colours.  3 finishes.  MAC's first permanent Nail Lacquer collection delivers shades that are hard, fast, and gorgeous-keeping on point in of-the-moment finishes in pearl, frost, and cream.  From trendy to timeless, there's a shade for every mood."

Here is the permanent Nail Lacquer line up!

Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new high gloss formula.  Three long-wearing finishes - Cream, Sheer, and Frosted.  Visibly different.  Provides no-streak/no-chip finish.  Contains conditioners and UV protection.  Go hi-lacquer!
- Faint of Heart - palest milky nude
- Skin - light peach beige
- Soiree - sparkly light bronze gold
- Fiestaware - mid-tone orange coral
- Shirelle - classic 'she's a dame' red
- Morange - bright cream orange
- Impassioned - bright warm pink
- Flaming Rose - true red
- Rougemarie - immodestly sexy red-bleu
- Vintage Vamp - rich deep blue retro wine
- Mean and Green - purple with teal multi changing pearl
- Formidable - teal green with pink multi changing pearl
- Deep Sea - deep teal
- Midnight Tryst - dark cool gray steel with pearl
- Nocturnelle - black-as-night black
- Nightfall - nocturnal black frost
- Discotheque - super glitter silver
- Spirit of Truth - dark navy blue
- Dark Angel - goth romantic dark lilac
- Anti-Fashion - midtone dirty purple with pearl
- Coffee Break - midtone cool taupe
- Quiet Time - beige nude
- Screaming Bright - super glitter gold
- Girl About Town - bright blue fuchsia
- Steamy - hot 'n' steamy pink
- Saint Germain - light cool pink
- Snob - light neutral pink
- Delicate - pale sheer ballet pink
- Girl Trouble - super glitter pink

Overlacquer - A fast drying, high gloss top coat that amplifies MAC Lacquer's high gloss finish while providing a protective coating against everyday wear and tear.  Formulated with UV protection, helps reduce sun-related fading and discolouration.  Colourless.  Instantly guards your nails and manicure.

Nail Lacquer: Online Exclusive - Only available online!  Gleaming red glitter in our revolutionary new high gloss formula.  Visibly different.  Provides no-streak/no-chip finish.  Contains conditioners and UV protection.  Go hi-lacquer!
- Sparks On Screen - super glitter red

The polish that I have pictured is the Mean and Green shade, the shade that missed out on during the Venomous Villians collection.  This is the shade that I want the most from this collection and I plan to go to the counter and try to pre-order the shade.  That shade is one of the most unique that I have ever seen and I have never seen any type of dupe for it so I will spend the majority of my time and energy on this shade. 

Many of the other shades are very nice but they aren't ones that I will die to own.  My second favorite shade is Girl About Town, I love the deeper bright pink and I will be able to use this shade during the fall months.  Saint Germain and Delicate are both lovely and I am looking forward to adding these pale pinks into my collection.  The rest of the shades that I like are deep reds and jewel tones.  From the reds, I would like to buy Rougemarie and Vintage Vamp.  Rounding out my shopping will be the following shades; Deep Sea, Midnight Tryst, and Spirit of Truth. 

I really hope that the formula is much better on these polishes since I am liking many of these shades, I will be trying out a few of these shades and hopefully the improvements will be evident.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: