Friday, June 1, 2012

Leaf and Rusher Tx Lips

One of the product that I found at the bottom of my traincase when spring cleaning was this lip scrub and I have been putting my new treasure to good use over the past month.  Leaf and Rusher is a skincare line that was created several years ago by a Hollywood plastic surgeon and nurse team (Leaf and Rusher) and is based on improving the signs of aging through DNA technology.  The products are very intensive and so the only product that I really needed from this collection was the Tx Lips, a great smoothing lip scrub.

I bought this product several years ago at Nordstrom when one of their reps was there to explain the product line and how the Dermaroller product in one of a kind.  This is one of those product lines that works best to correct and treat visible signs of aging and there wasn't really any product that would well for my skin.  However I was so interested in the DNA technology that is used by this company that I really wanted to buy and try at least product from this line.  The rep recommended that I buy the lip scrub since lips can show signs of aging much faster than any other area of the face.  Lips have no pores and therefore have no natural oils to smooth and hydrate them.  Therefore the lip area needs to be hydrate and treated faster and more than any area of the face.

This product is getting harder and harder to find but I am still able to find it on the Nordstrom website, though I am not sure if the counter is still at the store that I go to in King of Prussia.  "A remarkable lip exfoliating product that leaves the lip contour looking and feeling smoother and more youthful.  Fruit of the exotic buriti palm, combined with natural hops, provides natural SPF protection, humectant properties, and plumps the lips.  The newly smooth, moist lip surface accepts lipstick application with ease and less feathering.  As fun to wear as it is effective, the sweet taste of the natural fruit sugars remains on the lips for a delicious finale."

This product is gentle enough for daily use however I only recommend using it twice a week, though I will up my use of it to three times a week during the winter.  This product can be wiped off or left on the lips (the sugar crystals will dissolve).  I rinse it off the lips in the shower, I have never liked the results after leaving the sugar crystals to dissolve on the lips. The result is that my lips are smooth and my lip products go on much better.  Right after I get out of the shower, I use a hydrating lip balm to further the results that I get from this product.  I have been very focused on this product since I have recently bought several NARS matte lipsticks and they require precise application and can clump easily on dry lips, this is a wonderful product to help my lipstick application and I will be using it all year round.

I am continuing to try and track more Leaf and Rusher products down, I want to try and find out what types of antioxidant and preventative skincare that this line carries.  I am interested in all aspects of the DNA skincare however I am not sure how a repairative technology would work as a preventative product.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: