Thursday, June 14, 2012

MAC Electric Bright

This week, MAC has released another small new collection, this one is online only and only consists of new shades in some of their best-selling eye and lip products.  This collection is called Electric Bright and contains come great new bright hues that will work great for the summer months.  This is the first collection that I have seen the Pro Longwear Eye Shadow, regular MAC Eye Shadow is a favorite formula of mine and I am very curious to see how the Pro version of this product works!

"MAC Electric Bright - an exclusive online selection of Pro Longwear for eyes and lips in vibrant shades for coral to magenta to fuchsia and peacock blue."  I wish that this colleciton would be at the counters since I want to play with the eye shadow formula before I order it online.  The last thing that I need to buy are more shades for the summer so I don't really know how many of these I will be buying since I am already beginning to think toward the fall months and what types of products and shades that I want to begin shopping for.  Many of the hues in this collection look as though they are an extension of the MAC and Beth Ditto collection, I do wonder why they just weren't all released in the same collection...

Here is the Electric Bright collection...

Pro Longwear Eye Shadow - A unique longwearing Eye Shadow with a silky, creamy texture formulated for maximum color impact.  Easily blendable and buildable; lids are visibly smooth no matter how intense the application.  Lasts 8 hours.
- Styledriven - pale white blue
- Plush - vivid purple
- Tease With Ease - bright fuchsia

Pro Longwear Lip Creme - Lightweight texture, creamy finish and comfortable longwear combine in this has-it-all pro class lip colour.  Slick in use, applies without need of a top coat - and still lasts up to 12 hours.  Won't feather or transfer, and the colour stays true.  Helps lips stay soft and hydrated.
- Good To Go - loudmouth orange
- Love Forever! - bright blue pink

Pro Longwear Lipglass - A longwearing Lipglass that goes on smooth and lasts for up to six hours!  Envelops lips with shine and colour and pro-longs the hours between re-application.
- Whoops! - bright coral
- Full Speed Ahead - bright pink-magenta

This collection looks like a series of shades that are left over from previous limited edition collections, almost every single shade in this offering rings a bell in my head as something that I have seen before.  Styledriven is obvious, this was the name of a well-known collection from last year and I know that it contained this eye shadow shade.  What I don't fully recall is whether or not this was the same shadow formula in that collection and if I have played with this shadow formula.  I wasn't in love with anything from Styledriven and I know that I didn't buy anything from it (everything that I liked was sold out at my counter and nothing was unique enough to chase down).  Love Forever! is the only shade that I love enough in this little collection to really order from the website and I would be more likely to see if the Dear Diary shade in this formula (from MAC and Beth Ditto) is still in stock at the MAC counter.

I feel like this collection is just a series of products that MAC is throwing together to try and get a bit of attention before they begin releasing the major fall collections...

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: