Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Current Favorites!

It is almost the middle of June and I am firmly into my summer beauty routine and have been cultivating my coveted self tan.  When I get into my self-tanning routine, I have to change my whole makeup routine and most of my skincare regime.  I have been stuck on the Bath and Body Works Tru Blue Spa self tanning lotion since early last summer and have been rebiying bottles of it every since.  I have even looked at some different formulas from Sephora but I keep going back to the same kind of tanner that I have been using for over a year now.  I wish that this product was sold in gallon sizes, this is the only size that would get me all the way through until Labor Day...

My most-coveted product right now is that tanner that I have been talking about and it is the center of my entire summer beauty routine.  I have built up an impressive fake tan that makes me look as though I just got back from the Islands.  I started using the product when I was on vacation from work and when I went back, everyone thought that I spent a week laying on the beach.  Nope...just two sessions with one of the best and most accessible Spa-inspired body product lines on the beauty market today!

My current beauty loves!

Bath and Body Works Bronzing Self Tanning Lotion - "Strike gold right at home.  This luxurious sunless tanning lotion is a real treasure that will give you a perfect tan, thanks to a touch of instant sheer color that lets you see where you've applied it.  Vitamin E helps to moisturize skin.  Glistening gold formula provides instant bronzing.  Tantalizing tropical coconut fragrance."  This is one of the best self tanning formulas that I have ever use, it works on par with the St. Tropez formula and is much easier to find.  The bronze tint in this product makes it easy to see where I have applied and rubged this product in and the watery texture sinks right into skin and dries quickly, even in the most humid of summer weather.  I get so many compliments on my "tan" when I use this product and even my closest friends are shocked that my tan is totally fake!  I will go through at least three or four tubes of this product before Labor Day and I will have a great "tan" all summer long.
Illamasqua Nail Varnish is Collide - "A spectrum of bold shades with a range of finishes including matt, rubber, and high-gloss.  Award-winning, extremely hardwearing and chip-resistant, there's an Illamasqua Nail Varnish for every shade of humanity.  Apply two coats for intensity and use with Illamasqua Nail Base Coat and Illamasqua Nail Top Coat for the perfect finish."  Collide is a neon shade satin finish polish that has been a top choice in my polish rotation for the past few weeks.  This is the perfect neon pink shade, I love that it has no shimmer in it and the satin finish allows the color to be the spotlight instead of glitter and shimmer.  Neon pink is very popular this summer and the stellar formula on this polish (four to five days with no chipping) allows this one to really go the distance and is one of the best choices for pink shades this summer.

MAC Hey, Sailor! Bronzing Powder in Soft Sand - "A lightly frosted, tinted powder that gives skin sheer, natural colour effects and higlights.  Ideal to enhance and strengthen a tan.  Packaged in blue and white stripes, it's a match to everything Hey, Sailor!.  Limited edition."  Soft Sand is a "golden bronze with fine gold pearl", this shade is the best choice of the whole collection for fair to medium skin that doesn't get very dark even with the use of self-tanner.  The shimmer in this powder in very fine so the tan that is produced by this product is very natural looking and the product can be used during the day and night.  I have been using this bronzer almost every single day since I started self-tanning at the end of May and it has been a key element is keeping up my tanned complexion.

MAC Hey, Sailor! Eye Shadow in Barefoot - "Highly pigmented powder.  Applies evenly, blends well.  Packaged in blue and white stripes, it's a match to everything Hey, Sailor!.  Limited edition."  Barefoot is a "tarnished gold" with a frosty metallic finish.  This is a very pigmented, neutral gold that brings out my blue eyes and looks wonderful against a fake tan.  I have been using this with the matching eye liner from this collection and the combination of the two products has allowed to me to have a great foiled gold eye look that stays in place all day and night.  I really wish that this shade wasn't a limited edition for MAC...

Benefit Bella Bamba Blush - "A watermelon pink blush laced with shimmering gold undertones.  This boxed blush, with a mirror tucked inside a magnetic closure flip-top lid, amplifies cheekbones and creates the illusion of sculpted features for a gorgeous 3D effect.  Your face will look instantly brighter with a just a quick swipe of this ultra-flattering color on the cheeks."  This shade is a bright peachy pink that looks best with a fake tan, this is one of those blush shades that looks nice against pale skin but pops against a tan.  The bright shade wakes my face up and creates a bright flush on my cheeks.  This blush makes my face look as though I have been relaxing at the beach all day.  I received a sample of this product as part of the Sephora Beauty Insider program and it is so pigmented that I will be using the sample all summer and then I will buy the full product next summer.  I am hearing that a lip gloss will be released in this shade over the next week and I am very excited to try this product too!

My whole summer beauty look focuses around the tan that is created with the Bath and Body Works tanner.  The watermelon blush, bright gold eye shadow, and bright pink nail polish all serve to really enhance the tan and create a perfect summer look that is both right on trend and very fun.  I am thinking that this products and shades will be in my line up all through until Labor Day!

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: